Trumpeter to release SMS Schleswig-Holstein in 1/350!

Kuro Nezumi

4 hours ago, Kuro Nezumi said:

To all pre-dreadnought fans, a German pre-dreadnought battleship is going to become available in 1/350! Trumpeter listed SMS Schleswig-Holstein, the last of the German pre-dreads, in the 1/350 section of their 2018/19 catalogue!

Should be good - I have a 1/700 resin model of it, I got a good while ago now.

thanks

Mike

The ship that fired the opening shots of WWII...

A few years ago I wouldn't have bet £1 on a manufacturer releasing a mainstream plastic kit of a pre-dreadnought battleship (Mikasa aside). Now we have almost all the major powers represented in 1/350 scale. Awesome. 

Wonder whether Hobbyboss will give us an American pre-dreadnought- a Connecticut or Mississippi perhaps?

Edited by Killingholme

On 02/01/2018 at 7:59 PM, Michael M said:

Austro-Hungarian ones, like Radetzky would be better than American ones ;)

Can't disagree there! Personally, I would also quite like to see the Italian Regina Elena class too. Faster than HMS Dreadnought. Designed by Cuniberti.

Italian battleship Regina Elena 17 May 1907.jpg

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Getting back to the topic of Schleswig Holstein :idea:

I have always loved this pre-dreadnought and would like to make an rc conversion - 1/350 is possible but 1/200 would be better.

Can I ask those of you who 'follow the market '   if you think there is a realistic prospect of this appearing in 1/200 and if so - how far into the future ????

While you are contemplating - same question for the DKM Graf Zeppelin

Crystal balls at the ready lads !

Paul

• 1 month later...

Older modelers may remember the late Harry Woodman's scratch built Schleswig Holstein model that was displayed in the old Seagull Models Shop in South Kensington. Whatever happened to it I wonder? I read an article about his model in an old copy of Scale Models Magazine when MAP had it and it was a good magazine. All sadly gone! Harry as I remember used the Wilhelmshaven card model as templates to produce his plastic modelling masterpiece. The model won prestigious awards at the Model Engineer and Modelling Exhibition and the old IPMS Nationals as it was then back in the 70's.

• 1 month later...

I am an older modeller !!!  and whilst I never saw Harry Woodman's model, it was that article that me - as an aeromodeller, want to build an rc Schleswig Holstein.

Given its fame, its seems a realistic candidate for a 1/200 pre-dreadnought......... hopefully before I am too geriatric.

Paul