M-32 Recovery Vehicle

Jb65rams

My entry for this GB is Italeri's M-32 Recovery Vehicle.

Undecided at to build it with the lifting arm raised or stowed. Would like to build it raised but need to check if it will fit in my display case.

M3_M4 GB M-32 Recovery Vehicle 035 Italeri 02

So what's in the box?

M3_M4 GB M-32 Recovery Vehicle 035 Italeri 03

M3_M4 GB M-32 Recovery Vehicle 035 Italeri 04

Also have AFV Clubs M-10 in the stash, but saving that one of the Britmodeller 10th Anniversary GB.

• Like 8

Thanks for your kind comments.

Hewy, don't any suitable figures in the stash, but am keeping an eye out on ebay for some suitable ones.

With the festivities over for another year, I have re-established my workbench in the spare room.

Instead of starting with the wheels, I started on the interior, only three supplied parts.

M3_M4 GB M-32 Recovery Vehicle 035 Italeri 05

Dry fitted the body and turret to see how much of the interior is visible through the turret openings.

M3_M4 GB M-32 Recovery Vehicle 035 Italeri 06

Turns out you can see quite a bit (in you look are and squint) including the driver compartment.

I broke out the plasti-card and spare drop tanks to see what I could knock up. The aim was not to have a accurate representation but to give it a busy look when viewed through the turret openings. 

It was a fun afternoon I am quite happy with the outcome.

M3_M4 GB M-32 Recovery Vehicle 035 Italeri 08

Have decided to go with the lifting arm deployed. I understand the winch is located below the flooring, which is access via a access panel in the flooring when in use. So currently making a winch drum which I will wrap the cable around and will fit under the flooring after opening up the access panel. 

M3_M4 GB M-32 Recovery Vehicle 035 Italeri 09

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Having finished my F-104 STGB entry, I now can crack on with this and my entry for the BM10th Anniversary built.

I would some thread around the which an fixed it in place. As I am proposing to have the crane deployed, I decided to fit a counter weight in the rear. 

M3_M4 GB M-32 Recovery Vehicle 035 Italeri 11

M3_M4 GB M-32 Recovery Vehicle 035 Italeri 12

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Running gear assembled. This is always the bit that I don't enjoy when building armour, hence why I start on other parts of the build first.

M3_M4 GB M-32 Recovery Vehicle 035 Italeri 14

Turret dry fitted.

M3_M4 GB M-32 Recovery Vehicle 035 Italeri 15

Just started am M10 Tank Destroyer for the the Britmodeller 10th Birthday GB, aim to get them to roughly the same stage before breaking out the airbrush.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Progress is slow, working in this and a M10 Tank destroyer in the 10th Anniversary GB. Plan is to get them both to the painting stage then break out the airbrush for a marathon paint session.

Wheels & crane jib added.

M3_M4 GB M-32 Recovery Vehicle 035 Italeri 18

M3_M4 GB M-32 Recovery Vehicle 035 Italeri 19

Primed. Usually use a rattle can of Halfords Plastic Primer, but tried Stynylrez. Was please with the result. Although the photo does highlight a few places I missed.

M3_M4 GB M-32 Recovery Vehicle 035 Italeri 21

• Like 5

On 3/17/2018 at 6:33 PM, Ozzy said:

Nice colour scheme,

Can't go wrong with green.

Thanks for your kind comments. 

I have added the rubber band tracks, just don't look to closely they have pulled the running wheels out of alignment. Should have cemented them in place on a flat surface before applying the tracks. 

M3_M4 GB M-32 Recovery Vehicle 035 Italeri 26

Spent Saturday applying the finishing touches. Apologies for the poor photo, will take some better ones for the gallery next weekend.

M3_M4 GB M-32 Recovery Vehicle 035 Italeri 28

• Like 4