1/48 - Dornier Do.217N-1/J-1/J-2 by ICM - released

Homebee

• 6 months later...

I love to this come out. I will definately buy one or two. I have still got a few Revell Do-217 E's in the stash, with some koster conversionsets. I still don't understand why Revell didn't do different versions.

Cheers,

• 3 months later...
On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 10:42 AM, Arniec said:

I love to this come out. I will definately buy one or two. I have still got a few Revell Do-217 E's in the stash, with some koster conversionsets. I still don't understand why Revell didn't do different versions.

Cheers,

The Revell Do -217E is a Monogram original and, to my knowledge was never produced in another variant. Revell would have re tool the mould or, bring out a brand new kit. Something I would personally welcome .

Allan

Edited by Albeback52

6 hours ago, Greg Law said:

This is looking more promising. I had almost given up. Pity they didn't make those aerials PE. 

No offence Greg but, I am very glad they didn't. I hate p/e parts!!😀. I can certainly live with the plastic items! However, to each their own.  Model looks very nice.

Allan

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Albeback52 said:

No offence Greg but, I am very glad they didn't. I hate p/e parts!!😀. I can certainly live with the plastic items! However, to each their own.  Model looks very nice.

Allan

Indeed, plastic may be a bit clunky but a lot easier to deal with then p/e, certainly for me.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Albeback52 said:

Allan

None taken. This won't be a problem anyway. I'm sure Owl will do a set or I might be able to adapt their Ju 88 set for it.

I will probably be hating PE too in a few weeks after building my Ju 188's cockpit which is full of it.

Edited by Greg Law
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, oggy4u said:

Hopefully we will see an Do-217 M 1 or better yet an M-11 version .

Agreed on that. Actually, I'd also settle for a 217 E as well!

Allan

Now this looks nice! And the cockpit seems to have a proper sized pilot’s seat, unlike their Do.17/215, and the tail boom also looks the part.  I’ll just echo and say I have my fingers crossed for an M version as well. Two thumbs up for ICM

• Like 2

Hello,

finally this kit is released. The kit looks basically nice. And I hope, the real thing will be different in some parts in comparison to the 3D-pics (as the engines looks "problematic" to me, and nothing worth to talk about german wheels - especially wheel-hubs, and the old-school-construction Do 217-ailerons, which Monogram as well, did not got correct on their kit).

The main parts looks universal for other variants of the 217 (with E-shape front). Beside The N-2 version, as this was the only nightfighter-version, which was designed and bulid as a original nightfighter off the production line (as the J's and N-1's raised from converted bomber fuselages (as you can see in their different front side views of the belly-line: N-2 a smooth curved look versus the steped or S-kurved look on the J's and N-1's)).

These two pics are from "older days" (2006) - my garage-production DB 603 for Monogram's 48th scale kit (I am not sure, to throw the away) . . .

spacer.png

spacer.png

For sure, another gap in the cross-marked airfleet is closed.

Happy modelling.

Edited by Andreas88
correction
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/31/2019 at 5:30 PM, Andreas88 said:

Hello,

finally this kit is released. The kit looks basically nice. And I hope, the real thing will be different in some parts in comparison to the 3D-pics (as the engines looks "problematic" to me, and nothing worth to talk about german wheels - especially wheel-hubs, and the old-school-construction Do 217-ailerons, which Monogram as well, did not got correct on their kit).

The main parts looks universal for other variants of the 217 (with E-shape front). Beside The N-2 version, as this was the only nightfighter-version, which was designed and bulid as a original nightfighter off the production line (as the J's and N-1's raised from converted bomber fuselages (as you can see in their different front side views of the belly-line: N-2 a smooth curved look versus the steped or S-kurved look on the J's and N-1's)).

These two pics are from "older days" (2006) - my garage-production DB 603 for Monogram's 48th scale kit (I am not sure, to throw the away) . . .

spacer.png

spacer.png

For sure, another gap in the cross-marked airfleet is closed.

Happy modelling.

Aren´t the props and spinner the same as used by the He-177?  there could be second life for -at least- part of your set as replacement for the Special Hobby kit. Just an opinion

Best wishes

Amaru in Lima