This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

phantomphan92

Revell 1/144 AN-225 Mriya??

The Sinsheim Buran model (almost) represents the BTS-02 atmospheric test version that they exhibit at Speyer.  You would need to remove the four jet engines and mod the rockets to represent the flight-worthy Buran.  There is also a gear fairing under the nose to cater for mounting the nose leg lower to improve the angle of attack for runway takeoffs - but that is not an issue as it seems to have been missed.

Not sure the BTS-02 was ever carried by the An-225?  But happy to be proved wrong.

Howard

27 minutes ago, SeaVenom said:

I wonder how big the wingspan will be in 1/144th?   

Actual: wingspan = 88.4m and length = 84.0m

1/144: wingspan = 613.9mm and length = 583.3mm

20 hours ago, Scott Garard said:

Actual: wingspan = 88.4m and length = 84.0m

1/144: wingspan = 613.9mm and length = 583.3mm

"We're going to need a bigger shelf"

A great way to display the Mriya would be to have FIVE tanks arrayed in front of it - (2 X T-80 + 3 X T-72 I think) - if you can get them in 1/144 scale(?).

an_225_l3.jpg

2014.11_18_Antonov_225_1.jpg

During the testing of the An-225 - with various pallets of heavy metal being loaded on and off for different payload records, someone realised that loading and unloading the pallets was too labour-intensive and suggested a self-loading cargo in the form of tanks.

The final heavy-lift flight comprised a cargo of FIVE 50-ton tanks - for a max cargo of 250 tonnes !!! :analintruder: - and a takeoff weight of 600 tonnes.

I've already got my tanks ready (Revell 1/72 scale) - in anticipation of a 1/72 scale kit from Modelsvit!!

Ken

Edited by Flankerman

An insane amount of weight when you really think about it. Can't wait for the Revell & Modelsvit kits... when ever that may be.