Forum offline issues

If you're not getting email notifications, can you tell me who your email provider is please?  Gmail, Yahoo, BT Internet etc.  That might help me target the issue.  It could possibly be that because we've changed IPs, that some email providers don't trust our emails again after all my efforts to get us whitelisted a few years back (or so it seems).  I've made representations to Google and AOL so far, which should percolate through eventually.  Also, check your Spam folders for the notifications, as we may be getting lobbed in there now that we're "unknown" :ninja: If they are going in Spam, whitelist them with a catchall such as "@britmodeller.com". :)

Just now, FalkeEins said:

..seems good here - although the header page does say 'Christmas is coming!' 

Yes - I went to fix that, as although it's true, it's quite a way off now.  It was supposed to say summit else afterward, but that doesn't seem to have worked.  needless to say, I got distracted... :dull:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mike said:

If you're not getting email notifications, can you tell me who your email provider is please?  Gmail, Yahoo, BT Internet etc.  That might help me target the issue.  It could possibly be that because we've changed IPs, that some email providers don't trust our emails again after all my efforts to get us whitelisted a few years back (or so it seems).  I've made representations to Google and AOL so far, which should percolate through eventually.  Also, check your Spam folders for the notifications, as we may be getting lobbed in there now that we're "unknown" :ninja: If they are going in Spam, whitelist them with a catchall such as "@britmodeller.com". :)

Yes - I went to fix that, as although it's true, it's quite a way off now.  It was supposed to say summit else afterward, but that doesn't seem to have worked.  needless to say, I got distracted...

Good evening Mike

I'm not getting the emails any more. I'm on   (outlook.com) so it's more than likely a Microsoft thing. I've checked the spam folder just in case.

Cheers

Peter

Thanks for the replies lads :)IIRC BT whitelabel the Yahoo email service, so if we crack Yahoo, BT should follow suit. I've started up a separate thread on the email notifications subject here