Forum offline issues

After our hosts' accident with our DNS the other day, which left us offline for Christmas, we understand a few people are still having trouble. This could be due to you ISP not yet updating their DNS, or it could be that your device is using an outdated copy of an old DNS table. There's a handy page here that can help you flush your local DNS and force it to load a new one. Just select the option appropriate to your device's operating system:

https://documentation.cpanel.net/display/CKB/How+To+Clear+Your+DNS+Cache

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Not sure if this is anything to worry about or not?  But I have noticed that since logging on after Christmas, the connection isn't secure and is going out of port 80.  Not sure if this has always been the case?  I've been connecting via my phone for the last month as I only just set up my PC on Boxing Day after getting broadband on the 22nd (got to love house moves eh?!) so can not remember if this has always been the case?

Kind Regards,

Dazz

1 hour ago, keefr22 said:

I can get on no trouble now (touch wood!) but appear to have stopped receiving e-mail notifications of updates to followed threads.

Is it just me?

Keith

Hi Keith. No it's not just you. I'm not getting any either.

Anyone please got any ideas how to get them started again?

Kind regards,

Stix 

16 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Keith. No it's not just you. I'm not getting any either.

Anyone please got any ideas how to get them started again?

Kind regards,

Stix 

Thanks for letting me know it isn't something I've done Stix!

I cleared my cache yesterday, checked my notification preferences on BM haven't changed and have logged out & back in to Outlook and still nothing.

So I'd be grateful for any other ideas too please!

Keith

Well, this luddite has learned what DNS means and how to clear the DNS cache. Typical that the way to do it is 'hidden' and one has to search the web to find it.

Anyway it's good to be back!

Badder

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Dazzio said:

But I have noticed that since logging on after Christmas, the connection isn't secure and is going out of port 80

It's the login process that's handled by HTTPS, after which the general site business is transacted by normal HTTP. Sometimes Firefox reports incorrectly that the connection isn't secure, but it's not reading the internal wrapper that's doing the logging in.

I think I know (vaguely) what's going on there, and will speak to them about it.  It's probably got something to do with our IP changing, and maybe some email providers needing details, or for our stated location to marry up with our current location... if you see what I mean :wacko:

The site seems to be a lot better today for me, so let's find out how it is for you guys?  If you're having no trouble please say so, as good feedback is much nicer than bad ^_^ We do want to hear if you're having trouble though, although I'm hoping that things are settling down now.  We shall see.  Makes a change to be offline not due to our "Russian hackers", doesn't it? :lol:

• Like 1

It's great that the site is back up and seems to be running fine but, like Keith, I still don't seem to be getting any emails from the site. Not a biggie but it was useful to keep up to date with things I follow.

Kind regards,

Stix