If you're one of the gradually reducing number of folks that aren't currently receiving notifications to topics you've subscribed to, or PMs you're receiving, first check you've got the correct address in your profile, then drop in and post your experience in this thread, remembering to tell us your email provider's details, which is the part after the @ in your email address.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Julien

What have you purchased / been gifted

A seasonal take, so what have you bought or been gifted?

I have recently got a Meng F-106, Academy  1/35 K-2 Black Panther ROK Army Tank, 

Julien

I got French Secret Projects 1 - Post War Fighters by J-C Carbonel (same series as the British Secret Projects), interesting to see the parallels and differences between the two nations approaches!  I also got the Duke Hawkins book on the Mirage 2000.

My main present was a beer making kit, the beer in question being this one!

I also got some music - Power, Corruption and Lies by New Order (which along with Ocean Rain by Echo and the Bunnymen and Hatful of Hollow by the Smiths was the soundtrack to my journies between RAF Cosford and the south coast during trade training), and, Visions of a Life by Wolf Alice, my wonderful daughter heard some of their stuff and thought it would be to my liking, she wasn't wrong!

Got some other booty too but it's my birthday in a few days time so I'm looking forward to more goodies then!

Edited by Wez

I got some model tokens from my girlies, they don't pretend to understand my hobby, but they know it keeps me quiet and occupied, so rather than get me the wrong kit they played it safe and gave me pennies to be spent at the LMS, so it's a trip to Cardiff or Swansea later this week.

Italeri MAN F2000 truck and a Stormtrooper coffee mug :) 

That French guy, Jacques Schidt, turned up yet again.

So today I dug deep, and renewed my IPMS membership, paid for a year's VED, and bought a fully auto-focus enabled Teleconverter for my camera. :camera:

A couple of sets of modelling tools, knives & tweezers arrived under the tree plus the latest Michael Turner, Legends of WW2 calendar, I just love Turners art work.

Steve.

I did pretty well this Christmas: Kinetic 2-seat Harrier and an Airfix Spitfire XIX (which will get some Seafire 46 wings and become a Spitfire 21), and a new airbrush. On the non-modelling front, tickets for the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra doing the music from Star Wars - they show the film on screen above the orchestra whilst the orchestra plays all the music - saw them do Raiders of the Lost Ark a year or so ago, it was fantastic.

A good haul this Christmas,

1/25 Batwing from Batman VS Superman, Mikromir 1/350 Typhoon and 1/35 Molch, Bronco 1/350 HMS Vanguard, Pegasus Hobbies Hunter Killer Tank from Terminator 2 & a book on WWI submarines.

Chris

3 hours ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

So today I dug deep, and renewed my IPMS membership, paid for a year's VED, and bought a fully auto-focus enabled Teleconverter for my camera. :camera:

Jaques gets around, he visited me too. What a freeloader.

Hopefully you're going to be putting that TC on a fast lens. They rob light y'know.

8 minutes ago, Rob G said:

Jaques gets around, he visited me too. What a freeloader.

Hopefully you're going to be putting that TC on a fast lens. They rob light y'know.

I have a fast lens and up to 1/3200 of a second on the body. I can't post as village photos will resize and limit the pixels. I shoot RAW at 16mp. I have a TC at the moment, but have to manually focus it. Bit of a pain when shooting on the limits.

Socks, jumper, a cook book.......nothing I need or want. What went wrong?

Hi

1:48 airfix mossie nf30, been after one for a while :) 

which also comes with paragon sea mossie conversion (which i will probably sell on in 2018, as it is not really my area of interest ) 

cheers

jerry

My amazing missus gave me a Roden VC10 K4, an Airfix Kate, an Italeri F-5F and a Flightpath Sea Fury improvement set. I have been wanting to get the latter for years so that has been a major coup!

Dave

Only kit I got was a revell 1:144 globemaster 3.

Not bad, as I got to choose it myself. 

Matt

8 hours ago, noelh said:

Socks, jumper, a cook book.......nothing I need or want. What went wrong?

That's not wrong, that's normal I fear.

Without wishing to brag*, I got a Wingnut Wings Sopwith Snipe from my evil overlords at Sovereign Hobbies, Jamie and Gill  :cheers: 

Cheers,

Stew

* ...though of course I actually am

Morning Chaps :bye:

I have found it helps to leave little hints around the place to aid in the purchase of Christmas Models. 

My Daughters, shame, absolutely no clue, I have cars everywhere, I have a cupboard full of car models, I have 2 display cases full of car models so one year they bought me a....

SU 27 Flanker - because they saw I had one aircraft kit on the bookshelf and it looked lonely :) (a WW1 Bi Plane)

My Wife simply asks, what do you want, I narrow it down and say, for example, a Truck model, and she goes and buys a Truck Model so its still a surprise.

She's actually getting quite good at it, because this year I got the paint and glue for it as well...

I shall start the propaganda assault on the 1st of January for a Pocher Aventador for next Christmas :) 

Tune in this time next year to see how badly that one went :) 

Eduard Weekend Spitfire from my daughter "Dad, I couldn't believe the size of the box just for a 1/72 Spitfire " - you can tell she's been properly educated.

An Italeri Sunderland Mk.1 from the in-laws.

And from my younger daughter a lovely 2nd hand copy of "AMPHIBIAN The Story of the Loening Biplane" by Grover Loening!

Best wishes to all for 2018

Will

I did pretty well as I received an Iwata Neo airbrush (which was at a healthy discount according to SWMBO). The P1127/Kestrel book by Tony Buttler, the Warpaint on the the Scout and Wasp, the new Guideline book on Transport Command and the Valiant wings book on the Swift. Non modelling related stuff from family etc was some nice choccies, a recipe book, shirt, CDs (Thelonious Monk and Cream)  the DVD of 'Dunkirk' and a badly needed new dressing gown with a hood, so now I can pretend to be Obi Wan Kenobi. 

Nothing I needed or nothing I wanted and received items of aforementioned description. However, there are many who are not in a position to give or receive so mustn't complain. 

Nowt in the way of kits or related stuff.  Just a biggie present from the wife in the form a a phonograph with cassette and CD player with functions to record from vinyl and the aforementioned to usb source. So after about 20 yera sor more I will ne able to listen to my vinyl records again. Tried a couple and they sound as fine as they ever did!

Oh the only other thing I got for Christmas was a a stinking bad cold with very sore throat, coughing and blitzen headaches!! Greta time ...no!

For whatever reason I haven't been able to get on until just now - but enough of my problems...

Prezzies first...

• A new watch - I have loads of watches - and made a conscious decision to stop wearing one 2 years ago - great...
  • Airfix 1/48 P40 Warhawk - I don't do US - great...
  • A Harris Tweed covered wallet - to go with the drawer full of wallets I already have - great...
  • A nice wad of cash - falling out of various Christmas cards - GREAT :D

Now treats for myself...

• Jarvis diorama ruined building and wall - wrong scale - great...
  • Another ruined building from Amazon - wrong scale - great...
  • A bag full of diorama 'stones' and they are the right scale - but they are just chips of cork :doh:- great...
  • PSC Loyd Carriers and 6pdr guns - GREAT :D

Hope everyone has had a good time - Merry Christmas and glad we are back on the air - Steve

A Revell/Monogram F-106 from SWMBO,( lord knows where she got it from though I see the hand of No1 child in its purchase) and a Stormtrooper mug from No1 child. No2 child bought me some nice craft ales.

Certainly not grumbling.

For the first time in 4-5 years nothing related to model making. But my birthday is in a few weeks so hopefully a nice big bright orange and green mfh kit will be opened then. 

Shaun 

On 12/26/2017 at 11:07 AM, bentwaters81tfw said:

The French Gentleman gets around quite a bit...

Perhaps he is affiliated with Santa and sorts out those on his "Naughty List"?

Or in cahoots with Mr Carpet Monster - maybe even the CM's brother? 

Not a sausage arrived here, but not un-expected however.

My tribe came to an agreement some years ago that we wouldn't do Christmas presents (although we still do eating and drinking to excess, so that's OK), so I expected, and got, nothing. Bought myself a WNW Dolphin just because it was there, and in case it went OOS later.