If you're one of the gradually reducing number of folks that aren't currently receiving notifications to topics you've subscribed to, or PMs you're receiving, first check you've got the correct address in your profile, then drop in and post your experience in this thread, remembering to tell us your email provider's details, which is the part after the @ in your email address.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Julien

What have you purchased / been gifted

1 hour ago, Martin T said:

Hi Steve, not a bad little shop and about the same drive for me. Still had an Airfix Valiant when I went in last in and larger kits often have a discount. I might get round to my North Nottinghamshire based model railway layout one of these days. 

Martin. 

PS Ellie thinks we are all sad. 

Aye up Martin,

I was pleasently surprised by the armour kits they had and had a good look at the model railway stuff. If only I had the space...... :wicked:

Sad, us? Young uns today just don't know what they're missing :unamused:

Regards,

Steve 

27 minutes ago, PhoenixII said:

Looking into my Crystal ball, I forsee a name change.......!!!

Yes. I’m soon to be called Target19 :whistle:

Sean

Two tickets to see Robyn Hitchcock in Ramsgate on 31st May.

Canon EOS 1300D dslr, a joint purchase with SWMBO to replace my old one which died last year. Now looking for a 55-250mm lens at the right price.

2 hours ago, Biggles87 said:

Canon EOS 1300D dslr, a joint purchase with SWMBO to replace my old one which died last year. Now looking for a 55-250mm lens at the right price.

Loads on Amazon and the evil one

Just won a 1/35 trumpeter Stryker with mine plow £25 bargain.

Was looking at the AFV club one but found out you have to buy an add on for the plow springs and chains, which are included in the trumpeter kit as standard.

All the best Chris

2 more armour purchases, a Takom FV 432 Bulldog and a Takom Leopard C2 MEXAS.

Its a disease!:suicide:

Sean

4 minutes ago, Mozzy19 said:

2 more armour purchases, a Takom FV 432 Bulldog and a Takom Leopard C2 MEXAS.

Its a disease!:suicide:

Sean

:evil_laugh:

Paul

1 minute ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

Handley Page Aircraft since 1909.

The Putnam series are amongst my favourite books. I have all the British manufacturers apart from Miles (which was never reissued and fetches a fortune) and Sopwith, which I understand is not as good. 

Collected an Airfix Phantom and an AMP Fairey Ultra Light Helicopter from Halifax Modellers World before the snow showers set in. Also bought some Iwata Superlube (which I have to say sounds a bit dodgy, but I have a less than pure mind, having been brought up on Round the Horne and I'm Sorry I'll Read That Again). Also a new gas hob from Ikea

Just bid successfully on an Esci 1/72 RF-4C/E. I'm quite fond of the Esci Phantoms. I think this one id probably my twelfth. Not perfect, but go together pretty well and if you're patient enough, you can get them for a reasonable price. I paid £13, including postage, which has taken care of this month's modelling budget!

I should probably stop buying square nose RF-4s and concentrate on trying to locate some more round nose variants, as I only have the one, being a Hasegawa RF-4C that I bought a few years ago for about the same price. Bit of a fluke, that!

Purchased the following:

Sword Seafire 17 double pack

Sword Spitfire XIVe

AZ Mohawk

AZ Mustang III 'dorsal fin'

Eduard Spitfire XVI dual combo

Gifted:

a ticket to see Jeremy Hardy in Folkestone

A Tamya 1/32 A6M2 Zero from Japan for a remarkably reasonable price. Though no doubt this will be offset by the customs charges when it arrives on these shores...

Cheers,

Stew

Im a bit late to the party but for Christmas I recieved:-

Airfix 1/48 Sea Hurricane which I am looking to build as Z4550/G, 800 NAS  HMS Indomitable Operation Pedestal Apr-1942, Lt Cmdr JM Bruen.

Airfix 1/48 Seafire XVII, this is my second in the stash which will allow me to build one in landing configuration (gear down, flaps down pilot hanging out the door) on a stand and one in parked (wings folder) configuration.

I gifted myself an Eduard 1/48 Hellcat MkI which I intend to do as Grumman Hellcat MkI JV132/E*L, 800 NAS HMS Emperor Operation Tungsten Apr 1944, Lt B Richie†

I recieved no models for my birthday but my son did see fit to buy me a Scaletics set which will fit neatly on the floor in the cave...  For those low mojo moments.....

3 hours ago, Jamie @ Sovereign Hobbies said:

A new airbrush.

Badger? What did you get?

Waiting for me when i arrived home from work, 3 decal sheets, 

Eagle-Cals EC102 P-51D To War With The Yoxford Boys.

Xtradecal X48174, Walrus collection.

Xtradecal X48175 Sea Fury collection.

2 hours ago, Procopius said:

Badger? What did you get?

Indeed - I've gone for a Renegade Krome.

I really like my prehistoric Badger 150 with 0.3mm nozzle for most things but lack a really fine brush. I will use it to attempt smoke rings on a Macchi 202 etc. Well that's the plan at least!

1 minute ago, Jamie @ Sovereign Hobbies said:

I will use it to attempt smoke rings on a Macchi 202 etc. Well that's the plan at least!

Godspeed!

A set of modelling tweezers, having lost my old ones (normal household ones that I took to uni) though might as well upgrade to something proper