This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Julien

What have you purchased / been gifted

During a beer delivery to Lowestoft this morning the van accidentally turned into Hannants car park. Tsk.

I got the Hughes 500 yesterday so didn't need the Academy version I'd seen in their catalogue.

So I just got Tamiya paint and extra thin, Humbrol filler and some 'on offer' etch all for just over twelve quid. 

As always the staff were very helpful. Lots of stuff I'd LIKE there, but not that I really NEED.

13 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

During a beer delivery to Lowestoft this morning the van accidentally turned into Hannants car park. Tsk.

The taxi i used to drive did that now and again,funny the way some modern vehicles develope a mind of their own...

My wife kindly bought me Falklands Air War.

Stocked up on primer both of the white and grey variety, so new knife blades and as I went to build a victor but too cowardly to do the airfix in the stash an Revell victor 

2 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Ruddy sat nav! Earlier today I bought some Double Gloucester cheese. Had I been wearing my monocle instead of pince-nez it would have undoubtedly been the single variety.

On their way - Revell 1/72 Flanker from Wonderland Models at a very reasonable price. PJ Productions RAF Pilots - seated (90's). And from Postscript Books: Bader's War, MIG - Aircraft Since 1939 & Boom - The Life Of Viscount Trenchard.

Now to find a way to sneak it into the house without the Mem Sahib spotting them! :worry:

My order will go tomorrow...

Smell of a Airfix sea fury or Sea Hurricane !

Paints and resin bits, I will show you !

Sincerely.

CC

Just got KFS 1:24 Land Rover Ambulance.

landy.JPG

That's a smart looking kit Julien.  I had a trip in the back of one those ambulances, courtesy of a firecracker that exploded in front of my face whilst on the ranges. :confused:  and yes, that does explain my looks! :giggle:

Hopefully my LHS (20 miles away, welcome to Leeds, model shop desert) will have my Albatross. Through the post, a cab, chassis and wheels from Road Transport Images to build a Guy Vixen in 4mm scale and from the local model railway shop some grooved plastic sheeting and strip for the flat bed body. My grandfather used to drive one for a wholesale fruit and veg firm and I found a reasonable photo to help jog my memory. I sometimes used to go with him when  I was young 

Arma Hobby had it on sale, so I picked up their 1/72 Iskra double kit and a Hataka Orange Line paint set for it.

After many months of getting constantly outbid on 1/72 Hasegawa Phantoms, I finally managed to snag an RF-4E (which I'll convert into a C) which had a Buy It Now of just £11.99 plus postage. It hadn't come up in any of my searches, as the scale wasn't in the listing. I just happened to notice it as a suggestion in the corner of the screen. Apparently the decals are a bit water damaged, but I honestly couldn't care less about those!

I'm well happy about this!

An Academy B-24J Liberator, this one

Boxart Consolidated Vultee B-24J Liberator 1694 Academy/Minicraft

(Image copied from Scalemates)

I got it for less than £30. I'd been after a Hasegawa one but not so much for the prices they go for, I think this will do me well enough and it already comes with the sharkmouth transfers, in the event that they might be usable... :)

Cheers,

Stew

On ‎14‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 7:11 PM, 06/24 said:

New (old) Airfix B26 Marauder

I know I said I was going to build, not buy, this year, but for the princely sum of £7.07 how could I resist.

Where?!  How?!!

I appear to be on a Revell kick at the moment, in the last couple of weeks I've acquired a 1/72 ex-ICM Dornier 17, a 1/48 Il-2 Stormovik and todays arrival a 1/48 ex-ICM MiG 25.  This is in a big box and arrived in a very big box!  Luckily I got to the door before SWMBO, so she hasn't actually seen it.  Looks very good in the box (the kit, not SWMBO:)

Edited by 593jones

Well, I'll be darned! I've just won a second Hasegawa 1/72 RF-4E! This one was a little more expensive at £15.90 plus postage, but not unreasonable in the scheme of things. I had actually bid on this one several days ago and expected to get outbid again. That's definitely blown this month's modelling budget!

The Revell Hunter I ordered earlier in the month arrived yesterday, bought off a UK trader on the local auction site & I was in trepidation as to how it would be packed as similar from another UK trader arrived in a bubble bag & crushed to hell, luckily with no kit damage, the Hunter arrived in top condition, beautifully & strongly packed, so on the strength of that, I ordered a Revell Ju-88A-4, latest tool, for just under NZ$30.00 delivered, hard to go past.

Steve.

7 hours ago, lasermonkey said:

Well, I'll be darned! I've just won a second Hasegawa 1/72 RF-4E! ... I had actually bid on this one several days ago and expected to get outbid again. That's definitely blown this month's modelling budget!

I find myself in a similar position; having blown what was supposed to be this month's modelling budget on the Academy B-24H noted above, I won the Revell re-box of Hasegawa's B-25J - the gunship version, on which I fully expected to be outbid - for less than £20 including postage. I can't pretend to be too unhappy about it, just ever-so-faintly guilty :D

Cheers,

Stew

I am trying to build out rather than add to my stash.  Unfortunately my resolve was weak yesterday so picked up this at our club meeting :

2018-04-19_07-50-22

Looks quite good in the box.  There isn't a huge amount on the web about the plane or the kit, but the few built models look like convincing miniatures.  I don’t know anything about LoModels  but the parts look pretty good, and on their game for the date of the kit (early 90s).  It can't be much worse than the Italeri Sunderland I just built!

Edited by malpaso
More commentary