This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Julien

What have you purchased / been gifted

10 hours ago, Procopius said:

Twelve Days in May, by Brian Cull.

5 minutes ago, Antoine said:

You're interested in the whole campaign, that is from september 1939 to the colapse of France, right?

From Grub, you got to get this one.

PC & Antoine - I'm grateful to you both for those references gentlemen - heading out on a sweep to locate those volumes now. :thumbsup2:

Tony

Usually, Brits authors tends to be interested only in the part played by the RAF, around a dozen days before withdrawal.

Twelve Days in May is for exemple interesting, but mostly written with reports that haven't been cross-checked.

There are loads of French books on the subject, of different qualities, but a few really stands out.

They're also out of print, out of stock and out of price, most of the time...

On 10/02/2018 at 12:27 PM, LotusArenco said:

Prezzie from the missus yesterday.

2R3ETs0.jpg

She’s a keeper.

Mart

A link!

An address!

Something, please!

' Fighte Pilot ' by Paul Richey is also an interesting account of the ' Battle of France ' period  by someone who was there and also mentions the fact that the French were involved.

9 minutes ago, Biggles87 said:

and also mentions the fact that the French were involved.

Surprising!

Bought myself some paint, and an Airfix GR.1 Harrier to replace the dismal Fujimi almost a Harrier. 

Been at Huddersfield show today and bought an S&M Canberra and Special Hobby Kittyhawk. Also the Valiant Wings books on the Blenheim and Gladiator and two lots of paint. 

In Glasgow today and had my obligatory visit to Scott's Models where he had an Airfix Sea Fury and a Trumpeter Nanchang Q-5 for me.

Sea Fury has no flawed parts.

How do chaps,

My haul from Huddersfield....

LHGfonU.jpg

The Matilda was an absolute bargain so was well chuffed in finding that B)

Regards,

Steve

Back from the Huddersfield show with a few additions.

Airfix HO/OO Engine shed x2
Airfix HO/OO Evening Star
Airfix 1/600 HMS Hood
Matchbox 1/72 SAAB J-29F

Despite the dire warnings displayed at checkout, I chanced Aviation Megastore's slow-boat shipping option (which I think is just Netherlands Post) for my first ever order with them to get a shockingly-hard-to-find 1/72 Model Maker sheet of Polish Liberators, volume 2. Some of the Special Duties Liberators had great nose art.

My small haul from Huddersfield show yesterday

New paint tidy drawers and tiers stacking system for the paint shop area

and some figures for my current GB Sexton SPG and a few extra sanding sticks, glue and some dio bits

IMG_4613.jpg

IMG_4614.jpg

Went to the shop for a tin of silver paint, somehow left with a second Airfix Phantom...

43 minutes ago, 06/24 said:

Went to the shop for a tin of silver paint, somehow left with a second Airfix Phantom...

rather easy to do that isn't int ;)

2 hours ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

Pre ordered a Mirage 4000

Nearly pre-ordered the same, but £20 shipping seemed a bit too much. Decided to wait until it turns up in Hannants.

The model/computer shop in Boston is closing down so 50% off everything.

A colleague told me about it last week & I had deliveries in Boston this morning.

What is a bloke to do?

Not much left model wise. A few Airfix kits & a Revell Star Wars jobbie. Plus some Tamiya sprays.

I came away with an Airfix A-4 set (with paint & brushes), a Tamiya rattlecan & a strip of balsa.

The A-4 may get built or used as a Sci Fi parts donor (look up an Ma.k Lunadiver Stingray) and the balsa

will form the core of the legs on my current Sci fi scratchbuild. This all cost me about a tenner.

30 minutes ago, IanHx said:

Nearly pre-ordered the same, but £20 shipping seemed a bit too much. Decided to wait until it turns up in Hannants.

Shipping is 10 euros, about £8.60 on the ebay listing. Offset that against Hannants mark up and postage.

4 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

The model/computer shop in Boston is closing down so 50% off everything.

A colleague told me about it last week & I had deliveries in Boston this morning.

What is a bloke to do?

Not much left model wise. A few Airfix kits & a Revell Star Wars jobbie. Plus some Tamiya sprays.

I came away with an Airfix A-4 set (with paint & brushes), a Tamiya rattlecan & a strip of balsa.

The A-4 may get built or used as a Sci Fi parts donor (look up an Ma.k Lunadiver) and the balsa

will form the core of the legs on my current Sci fi scratchbuild. This all cost me about a tenner.

Did you get chance to ask about the plans for the place ?  I was down there when the sale kicked off a few weeks ago, the woman who served

me kind of said the Computer/Model shop was staying but it was all being pushed into one end of the current shop, but I never got to the bottom of it.

It needs to stay, coming from Sleaford, it is handy when Mrs PLC1966 wants to go shopping somewhere other than in our little town, three of the four bigger towns within 20 miles of us, Boston, Lincoln and Newark all have LMS coverage.  The fourth town, Grantham, has no model shop as far as I can see, Mrs PLC1966 doesn't get there          ; ) 

The shop has a To let sign in the window.

The shopkeeper is moving elsewhere and will concentrate on computers only.

The shop in Grantham closed down years ago.

The remaining Airfix stock was another A-4, a Fouga Magister & a couple of building kits.

Oh, there may have been a ship kit too.

Sold even more hex and counter wargames and got a Hasegawa Liberator III/V "Coastal Command" boxing. 

Oops...

25370980327_98679539e7_c.jpgUntitled by jongwinnett, on Flickr

(Not 06/24 Minor, i've been paying for him for the past 14 years :D)

I know all the bad stories, and its bound to make Airfix launch a new one as a surprise Easter treat, but, why the heck not :)