Navy T-Harrier with replacement wing

guillaume320

Hello,

I remember having seen a picture of an FAA twin stick Harrier (T-4 or 8, not sure tbh) in light grey colors, but with a replacement wing in DG/DSG (almost certainly from an RAF airframe).

I can’t find that picture anymore. Has anyone got more info, like serial number, timeframe etc...?

Really fancy something ‘different’ for my Kinetic project...

Best regards,

Guillaume

On ‎25‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 9:33 AM, guillaume320 said:

Hello,

I remember having seen a picture of an FAA twin stick Harrier (T-4 or 8, not sure tbh) in light grey colors, but with a replacement wing in DG/DSG (almost certainly from an RAF airframe).

I can’t find that picture anymore. Has anyone got more info, like serial number, timeframe etc...?

Really fancy something ‘different’ for my Kinetic project...

Best regards,

Guillaume

It was XZ445 which sadly crashed killing both crew members. There are photo's of it fitted with a ex-GR3 wing which I have seen, but can't remember where! Maybe contact someone on the harrier SIG web site? Oh by the way, I just got a Kinectic T8 kit & hopefully making that particular a/c to!

Dave

• Like 1

Pics were on here before the Photobucket kerfuffle. Got some pics on PC, will have a look later.  I saw it at Leuchars in late 94. There is a photo of it in all light grey in Braybrook’s Vertical Reality And here:

XZ445.jpg

Interestingly,  XZ445’s light grey wing was fitted to a standard DSG T4N.

http://www.aviationphotocompany.com/p934046062/hae540bb#hae540bb

The big roundels on the wings are the giveaway this wasn’t a single seater wing

Edited by Dave Fleming
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Dave Fleming said:

Pics were on here before the Photobucket kerfuffle. Got some pics on PC, will have a look later.  I saw it at Leuchars in late 94. There is a photo of it in all light grey in Braybrook’s Vertical Reality And here:

Interestingly,  XZ445’s light grey wing was fitted to a standard DSG T4N.

http://www.aviationphotocompany.com/p934046062/hae540bb#hae540bb

The big roundels on the wings are the giveaway this wasn’t a single seater wing

Ah so there it is ...dont remember it but the last time i saw it so to speak i was scouring the crash site on the blackdown hills Lt Auckland and CPO Steve brooks RIP. Dont suppose colour was top of my mind at the time..

.dodgy stuff fast jet flying sometimes...Flying seems safer these days fortunately