MERRY X MAS

Ozzy

5 minutes ago, DaveyGair said:

Looking good so far Ozzy, hope you have loads of stowage to put on to give the 'Tinkers Cart' look.

:goodjob:

Davey.

Thanks Davey,

The pictures I've got has a little bit hanging off the sides, not like the European ones that brought everything including the kitchen sink. I may have to look at other tanks in North Africa to get some stowadge ideas.

19 hours ago, wimbledon99 said:

Hi Ozzy, Those figures will look great when painted up. Loving the head poking out from the hull :clap: 

Thanks Nigel,

ive got a little sculpting to do first, hopefully I will get some paint on them over the weekend. I finished off the rest of the crew last night, hopefully the poses replicate the picture? I will get some paint on the running gear to, leaving just the tracks to finish off.

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Hewy said:

Thats a photo shoot right there, they're poses are pretty much bang on ozzy, i like it

Glynn 

23 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Brilliant work on the figures. They look a great match for the photo! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Guys,

between the 2 sets I was able to build a close match, I've got to cover the odd pair of shorts but nothing to major.

• Like 1

A few hours spent at the bench this weekend, not a lot to show for it as it was mainly painting bits. I got a bit of bad news, the owner of Endless Models in Salisbury Mr David Grove died after a long battle with Cancer.

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 6

Looking good Ozzy! I love a nice crowd on a Sherman!

I didn't know him, but sorry to hear about Mr Grove. No doubt he was a great ambassador for our hobby, as all model shop owners are.

ps, great to see a work surface approaching a level half as messy as mine!

Rearguards

Badder

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Good progress Ozzy - the figures are looking good with the paint going on. And sorry to hear the news about Mr Grove.

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix,

I've spent a few hours toning down Khaki to get a lighter look, it is a bit of sad news hopefully the shop will continue to trade

1 hour ago, Badder said:

Looking good Ozzy! I love a nice crowd on a Sherman!

I didn't know him, but sorry to hear about Mr Grove. No doubt he was a great ambassador for our hobby, as all model shop owners are.

ps, great to see a work surface approaching a level half as messy as mine!

Rearguards

Badder

Thanks Badder,

with a little plastic surgery they all fit nicely around the turret,  he will be missed as he's been part of the modelling scene for over 20 years, first opening the Salisbury model center, he took a break for a few years after the loss of his business partner before opening Endless Models.

to be fair that looks relatively tidy for once.

• Like 1

Nice progress, when it is weathered, it will be very good...:popcorn:

I'm sorry I missed it, but I have not gone through the GBST thread until yesterday, that I'm going to start with my kit, and I see that there are already great progresses everywhere ...:analintruder:

Cheers Ozzy :yes:

8 hours ago, FrancisGL said:

Nice progress, when it is weathered, it will be very good...:popcorn:

I'm sorry I missed it, but I have not gone through the GBST thread until yesterday, that I'm going to start with my kit, and I see that there are already great progresses everywhere ...:analintruder:

Cheers Ozzy :yes:

Thanks Francis,

a bit of dust will tone it all nicely, there's plenty of nice build to catch up on. There is a number of armour GB's planned over the next 18 months.:yahoo:

3 hours ago, Nigel Heath said:

It's been lovely to catch up with this build, great work with the PE and soldering.

Thanks Nigel,

the kits gone together really well, i impressed myself with the soldering as it's the first I had done since school. I just need to get a good drill bit for those tracks.

On 18/02/2018 at 6:55 PM, Ozzy said:

A few hours spent at the bench this weekend, not a lot to show for it as it was mainly painting bits. I got a bit of bad news, the owner of Endless Models in Salisbury Mr David Grove died after a long battle with Cancer.

I saw the notice on the shop window on Wednesday morning, sad news indeed. I know a few local stalwarts have been keeping things ticking over for a while during his illness. The funeral is March 1st according to the notice.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Avereda said:

I saw the notice on the shop window on Wednesday morning, sad news indeed. I know a few local stalwarts have been keeping things ticking over for a while during his illness. The funeral is March 1st according to the notice.

I would liked to have attended, unfortunately I'm the other side of the country next week. I had known him for over 20 years and regularly pop in the shop and if he didn't have it. it wasn't long before it was in the shop, hopefully the shop will stay open as its nice to have two model shops either end of town.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm currently away from home for a couple of weeks, due to the days ticking down and not been able to find a drill bit that lasted more than 2 track links. I had a little think, I found some DS tracks in my draw. Unfortunately these  were the chevron type, to overcome this I cut the chevrons off with sprue cutters and then sanded down any remaining. 

I will get some pictures on my return.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Good to see you back on track(s) Ozzy!! (see what I did there?............. :coat:)

Looking good Ozzy and good luck with the base.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Good to see you back on track(s) Ozzy!! (see what I did there?............. :coat:)

Looking good Ozzy and good luck with the base.

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix,

i did have a chuckle, I'm off to town tomorrow hopefully I won't need my gas mask to get some DAS clay.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, fatfingers said:

Aye up Ozzy,

Looking good. Like the two chaps sat on the turret front. :goodjob:

Regards 

Steve 

Thanks Steve,

its all coming together nicely, I've made a start on the base today.

image.jpg

image.jpg

I've got some sand from my travels, this batch is from one of my many trips to southern Iraq. I'm going to cover the base with the sand to hopefully give an authentic desert look.

image.jpg

• Like 7

21 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Great start on the base - I can feel the desert heat from here!

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix,

we could do with a bit of heat, :coolio:

• Like 2