US Marines Sherman M4 (Italeri 1:35)

wimbledon99

On 1/19/2018 at 6:26 PM, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Betterer & betterer!  :thumbsup:

28 minutes ago, exdraken said:

Looking fantastic!

Thank you both. I've a fair bit to do yet but I feel like she's really taking shape now! :smile:

• Like 1

On 1/21/2018 at 5:48 PM, PlaStix said:

That really is looking excellent Nigel! All the Photoetch really adds to the appearance! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Cheers Stix. Fancy painting it for me?? :D

On 1/21/2018 at 8:00 PM, Badder said:

Makes mine look it was put together by a puppy dog with dysentery.

Rearguards,

Badder

Er, I think not!! I envy anyone's scratch-building skills and your build is looking superb!! :smile:

• Like 2

Folks,

I'm I correct in thinking I should be aiming towards a dark rubbery finish on these tracks? The instructions say they are to be painted 'Gunmetal' but some of the reading I have done would suggest otherwise.

Help!! :think:

38956885495_ccc326a266_k.jpg

• Like 1

I think for the tracks it depends on the type some rubber pad types were used but most of the USMC M4A2 I have photos of used the metal type so you might want to paint in a dark brown and then highlight the contact points with some gunmetal

just my  :2c:

beefy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, beefy66 said:

I think for the tracks it depends on the type some rubber pad types were used but most of the USMC M4A2 I have photos of used the metal type so you might want to paint in a dark brown and then highlight the contact points with some gunmetal

just my  :2c:

beefy

41 minutes ago, Hewy said:

I'm  no sherman track expert by any stretch, but they look like the t54e tracks on my build which if I'm  right would make them all metal, 

Glynn 

Thanks both!! Two straight in for metal is good enough for me :D

• Like 1

For T54E1 tracks, I paint them with a 50/50 mix of black and brown, watered down and then run a pencil over the raised chevrons. On the inner surface I'd paint black where the rubber of the road wheels rub.

John.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bullbasket said:

For T54E1 tracks, I paint them with a 50/50 mix of black and brown, watered down and then run a pencil over the raised chevrons. On the inner surface I'd paint black where the rubber of the road wheels rub.

John.

Top Man. Thank you John!!  :D 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thought I'd post a few update photos. More bits of etch (tool holders), side boards, fuel can and tracks now added. This is now the physical build complete so it's time to commence with the weathering!!

39878304492_cd8c00bc6c_k.jpg

25039487367_5cca35cef3_k.jpg

39911073531_5038207c7f_k.jpg

26038062878_53f3bcefe5_k.jpg

• Like 11

That is looking superb Nigel! It looks great with the decals on. Looking forward to seeing what you do with the weathering.

Hope you have a good weekend.

Kind regards,

Stix

4 hours ago, PlaStix said:

That is looking superb Nigel! It looks great with the decals on. Looking forward to seeing what you do with the weathering.

Hope you have a good weekend.

Kind regards,

Stix

Thank you Stix :smile: Not sure what finish I'm looking for but I think there could be a lot of mud involved!! 

• Like 1

Looking good!

I hope that Jerry can is empty, or has water in it, because I wouldn't wanna be the MG gunner if it gets pierced by a hot round.

Looking forward to the weathering.

Rearguards

Badder

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Badder said:

Looking good!

I hope that Jerry can is empty, or has water in it, because I wouldn't wanna be the MG gunner if it gets pierced by a hot round.

Looking forward to the weathering.

Rearguards

Badder

Thanks Badder. I only put water in it :wink: 

• Haha 2

On 28/01/2018 at 7:02 AM, Hewy said:

Who's brand of od did you use there nigel, looks good 

Im using Vallejo Air. I just happened to have a couple of bottles when reading that OD was the correct colour for US Shermans :D 

On 28/01/2018 at 3:06 PM, beefy66 said:

looking great with the paint and decals but I think you should rust up the spare track links they look to shiny just my own opinion though  :think:

beefy

Thanks Beefy, I plan to attack the spare links when weathering. I will take your advice on board and make sure that rust comes into the equation :smile: 

On 28/01/2018 at 5:13 PM, Ozzy said:

Nice work Nigel, she's looking fantastic.

Thank you Ozzy, I’m hoping she still looks OK after the weathering! :fingerscrossed:

On 29/01/2018 at 8:05 PM, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Oh yeah, definitely looking the part now!  :thumbsup:

Cheers Sarge!  :smile:

• Like 3