US Marines Sherman M4 (Italeri 1:35)

wimbledon99

Well you've proved it's eminently buildable and it really looks the part once you've got the bits together.....But they don't exactly make it easy for the casual modeller to get the right bits together do they?  ;)

PS - So, in summary, there are no actual M4 specific parts in this 'M4' kit, just M4A2 & M4A3.  :mellow:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, wimbledon99 said:
11 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

PS - So, in summary, there are no actual M4 specific parts in this 'M4' kit, just M4A2 & M4A3.  :mellow:

I feel like 'yes' is the correct answer! :laugh:

Actually, just to make it even more confusing, there are M4 specific parts in that kit. If you look on that sprue on page 1 of this thread, there is an M4 rear hull plate, M4 exhausts, air filters and the armoured cover for the intake on the forward engine deck. But there's no M4 engine deck (at least, not in those photos).

John.

• Like 2

That's the gun done :penguin: Pictures are a bit grainy where I zoomed in with the phone but they'll hopefully do for now.

Just need to add some handles but I'll sort that another day; my eyes need a rest! A coat of 'gun metal' should liven things up :fingerscrossed: I'll also lay the lid down by the side when painted.

25878242788_3277b4e768_k.jpg

39718093782_706e173667_z.jpg

The rounds will go in last as I'll paint them 'Brass'

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

That really does look amazing! And very neatly done too. :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thank you Stix :smile:  I'm going to be scared to pick this model up with all these fragile parts!! :worry:

• Like 1

Ha! You employed little pixies to make that .50cal.

Now show us the tools/instruments/laboratory apparatus you used and a step by step account of the bending and folding procedure!

PLEASE!

Stunned,

Badder 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

Nice work with that etch. It brings the Browning to life.

John.

4 hours ago, fatfingers said:

Lovely job on that there .50 B)

Regards,

Steve 

3 hours ago, Badder said:

Ha! You employed little pixies to make that .50cal.

Now show us the tools/instruments/laboratory apparatus you used and a step by step account of the bending and folding procedure!

PLEASE!

Stunned,

Badder 

Folks, you are all very kind - Thank you :blush:

Badder, I’ll post a picture of the weaponry in the morning. The pixies however are invisible  :wink: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Morning Badders,

As promised, here's the weaponry for attacking etch. I use the drill for rolling small parts and the bending tool is mainly for the larger / longer parts (just the rounds in the case of the .50)

39742949052_ea5e80acaa_k.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

After getting up early to take my daughter to college, she told me she doesn't need to go in today so I made the most of the time before work :)

25903605998_4f32fb6acd_k.jpg

24905888337_ed78e5c958_k.jpg

39066015564_b2c84e2dc3_k.jpg

• Like 7

Great job that nigel, i would have loved to put a "50 cal" on mine, but calliopes didn't have them fitted, academy have included a really nice one in the kit and i have tamiya's etch set for it, although i doubt i would have made as good a job as yours, still may build it if i have time after the tracks punishment, 

• Thanks 1

Thank you Glynn :smile: I’m sure you’d do a fine job! This felt like a kit on its own so it would be worth you building it from a pleasure perspective. You’d also have it ready for the next build :wink: 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, wimbledon99 said:

39742949052_ea5e80acaa_k.jpg

Thanks for that Wimbledon.

I knew I'd learn something. In the above case, it would be the use of a razor blade. I do question the lack of a microscope though. How you managed to see what you were doing with the MG grips/trigger is beyond me.

Rearguards,

Badder

4 hours ago, Badder said:

Thanks for that Wimbledon.

I knew I'd learn something. In the above case, it would be the use of a razor blade. I do question the lack of a microscope though. How you managed to see what you were doing with the MG grips/trigger is beyond me.

Rearguards,

Badder

I'm not a doctor but I'll have a good look :laugh:

39077036764_fa4e1044e9_z.jpg

38888172475_5880f9daa7_z.jpg

• Like 3

Couple of update photos. I put the bogeys together yesterday and have given a first coat to most parts now. I've put the turret on the hull and dry fitted the front wader just for a glimpse of the main lumps in situ

38906300085_4774665f96_k.jpg

25932841048_5142701f28_k.jpg

• Like 4