S&M Models 1/72 English Electric Canberra B2/T4

Wilks

Nice Build Wilks, just a detail the Mk.21 is a conversion of the Mk.20 and not a T.4 so you went for the right option you can choose from three T.4's used by the RAAF all ex RAF A84-502, A84-502 and WD954. It's too late now but the RAAF T.4's and Mk.21's didn't have ejection seats for the pilot and student just the one for the Navigator.

John

Looks to be a nice kit. If you are using the Gunze Acrylic Fluorescent Orange I would keep the model out of direct sunlight once finished as it fades even more than the real think over a couple of years, turning salmon pink

Thanks John. Appreciate the additional information on the different Mks. 

James, thank you too. I've experienced that before and keep my completed daylgo painted kits out of the suns reach. It is an ugly Salmon pink too!

Cheers,

AGW..

Fantastic! The post-it notes are a good idea, i'd been using kitchen towel stuck to masking tape, yours seems more straightforward and less likely to blow under a spray can!

Great work there. And good to see a Canberra not sitting on its tail!

Absolutely superb finish and what a great looking result!  The kit definitely looks the most accurate about, just going from your photos. 

One minor gripe with the kit - them damn wheels, why do manufacturers insist on  putting late style wheels in B.2/T.4 kits!

Beautiful result Wilks!

• 3 months later...

That is one beautiful model! Not really a fan of the all silver Canberras, but with the dayglo paint, it is drop-deaf gorgeous! Thank you for the detailed WIP, too. I guess I'm going to have to get one of these, but which version? Decisions, decisions! Fit and finish are superb- you did the airplane justice!

Mike

BTW, the other two you built aren't too shabby, either!

8 hours ago, 72modeler said:

That is one beautiful model! Not really a fan of the all silver Canberras, but with the dayglo paint, it is drop-deaf gorgeous! Thank you for the detailed WIP, too. I guess I'm going to have to get one of these, but which version? Decisions, decisions! Fit and finish are superb- you did the airplane justice!

Mike

BTW, the other two you built aren't too shabby, either!

Thanks there 72modeler.  Wishing you well with your decisions - not easy given the breadth of operators and schemes...

Cheers,

AGW..

3 hours ago, Wilks said:

Thanks there 72modeler.  Wishing you well with your decisions - not easy given the breadth of operators and schemes...

Cheers,

AGW..

Or, as the King would say- "Thank you; thank you very much!" My sister lives in Seymour- but that's not close to you. Beautiful state, BTW- plus, you have the excellent TN Museum of Aviation in Sevierville that I visit every time I go see my sis!

Mike