50's RN Deck crew in 1/48?

Ingo Degenhardt

Hi,

does anyone know of some decent 1/48 figures of RN deck crew to go along with a Wyvern and/or a Sea Fury?

I've only been able to find much more modern personnel figures and their equipment looks quite different.

Any mention of possible other matching deck equipment would be appreciated as well.

I want to create a small diorama for those aircraft, mostly for size comparison and nicer representation, nothing too fancy, just a little deck scenery.

The best 1/48 deck crew I have found (similar idea - in my case for a Seafire 47) is Reed Oak.  Thus far he has only produced one who’ll work for our era - but others are planned, I understand.   

http://reedoak.com/#!/1-48-US-Navy-WW2-deck-crew-kneeling-1-in-shirt-looking-upwards-FR/p/96603492/category=13772389

He’s billed as WW2 USA, but immediate post-war RN deck crews wore almost identical gear.    The quality of these figures is staggeringly good; streets ahead of any others I have seen.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 23.12.2017 at 7:29 PM, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

The best 1/48 deck crew I have found (similar idea - in my case for a Seafire 47) is Reed Oak.  Thus far he has only produced one who’ll work for our era - but others are planned, I understand.   

http://reedoak.com/#!/1-48-US-Navy-WW2-deck-crew-kneeling-1-in-shirt-looking-upwards-FR/p/96603492/category=13772389

He’s billed as WW2 USA, but immediate post-war RN deck crews wore almost identical gear.    The quality of these figures is staggeringly good; streets ahead of any others I have seen.  

Thank you for the link - quite expensive though for a single figure...

True - but you get what you pay for.  

[I have no link with this guy; I was put onto his figures by someone else on BM, and was so blown away by what I got that I now recommend them to other people].

Elan Miniatures from the UK did a 4 figure set of resin figures (2 pilots, 2 deck crew) from the 50's quite some time ago - the

figures are actually quite nice. I don't know how desperate you need them but if your search fails, contact me offboard - I guess

I can help.

Lothar