Canadair Mk 6 Golden Hawks

Plumbum

A bit off topic, I found a new clamp. Here it is on my

Hobbycraft F-86E wings. They are mini clothes pins,

found them at Wal Mart in the crafts department.

You just have to be careful you don't twist them

sideways, they spring apart easy.---John

qWj9Fyw.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I've been working on my HC Sabre 6 kit. Corrected the airbrakes in shape but didn't realise the tanks are not in right place. Too late now as its painted and part way through decalling. Meanwhile regarding 'Hawk One', there are several modern avionic fits that could lead to modelling a kit in correctly. As well as the longer wings of the F-40 I think. As Tony says, period photos are better.

Question for Tony: Is it right that the later Golden Hawks  Sabres had their slats wired /locked shut??  And, what is best way to represent the smoke pipes running along top of fuselage?

• 2 weeks later...

Two questions, were the inside of all gear doors aluminum color and the outside only

gold? Also I stole the slats from this kit for another project. I wanted to do an F-86F

and noticed I saw on a kit review that the HC F-86F-25/30 kit # 1361 has the 6-3 hard

wing with the wing fence and the kit also had slats, which wouldn't be used. So I am guessing

if I buy that kit, 1361, I will get an F and the slats to replace the ones I stole from this kit.

Am I correct about that?---John

13 minutes ago, Johnv said:

Two questions, were the inside of all gear doors aluminum color and the outside only

gold? Also I stole the slats from this kit for another project. I wanted to do an F-86F

and noticed I saw on a kit review that the HC F-86F-25/30 kit # 1361 has the 6-3 hard

wing with the wing fence and the kit also had slats, which wouldn't be used. So I am guessing

if I buy that kit, 1361, I will get an F and the slats to replace the ones I stole from this kit.

Re the slat question: Probably. The other issue is described as Canadair Sabre Mk.6. This has the slattedwing with separately. Hope this helps. And as for the door colours yes. Unles Tony has a more realistic answer.

Thanks, which way do the HC decals for the F-86E wing stripes apply from?

This way---

KeP8PjK.jpg

Or this way?---

ihBhkTI.jpg

I need to cut a piece out for the top of the slats.---John

On 1/27/2018 at 1:39 PM, Johnv said:

I don't have that boxing, I do know that the slats are on a different sprue than the wings and in the Sabre 5 boxing, the slats are deleted

On 1/27/2018 at 1:39 PM, Johnv said:

inside of gear doors were aluminum

Tony

Thanks, so I'll cut from the apex to the crotch and take the slim section off that for the extended slat

then make a notch cut for the outside of the wing tip.---John

Decals on. Not too shabby but HC decals aren't the best to work with. They

seem to come off the paper very hard, have to be soaked good in hot water.

Enough for one night, nerves need a break. This doesn't belong in this thread either.

Oooooopppppsss!---John

iYosYUG.jpg

57 minutes ago, Johnv said:

Hobbycraft kit on Modelling Madness showing HC  F-86F-25/ -30 6-3 wing

with slats on parts tree not wing tree. 6-3 wing has fence molded on it.---John

https://modelingmadness.com/scott/korean/us/hc86preview.htm

Extra unused slats, that’s a good deal 😎

I didn't bother using the 'band' decals, used paint instead. Here is my effort on the bands: 

As an observation, is the star-n-bar on the wing the wing the right size, looks rather large, or maybe I've got it wrong?:shrug:

Edited by Courageous
Addition

7 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

I think he meant Hobbycraft and not “boss”? The Hasegawa has them??? I didnt know....

Hi Martin, thank you for noticing my deliberate mistake there  :whistle:  Hobbycraft of course.

As if I didn't find real life Sabres confusing enough, trying to sort out a decent kit is also a can of worms. My preference as a 1/72 modeller is for the Fujimi kits, but they don't have the separate slats, which is a shame. I must say I hadn't really considered the Hobbycraft Sabres, but it looks like a good option.

Are there two 1/72 Hasegawa Sabres?