Sword FJ-2 Fury

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 5:56 PM, Sabrejet said:

You're too kind: my effort is a bit rough round the edges and I'm sure many can do better. In any case it's a nice kit and I know you'll enjoy building it. OK it needs a bit of work but the aftermarket will soon catch up on the main bits and I for one will be doing an FJ-3 or 3M when that's the case, just to see how much different it would be. Plus I think I'd like to do a Fury in 'launch' mode with the nose gear fully extended.

In the meantime I'm into the 1/32 Tiger Moth (which is moving slowly but surely) and at some point I'll be doing a 1/48 F-86 based on the Eduard/Hasegawa kit but I haven't decided if it will be an A, E or F yet.

Glad to have been of help too :)

Might I suggest Bruce Hinton's 4th FG F-86A "Squanee"? Hey- I'm not being kind- I calls 'em like I sees 'em, as they say.

A 1/32 Tiger Moth? Converting it to RC? (You know how big that kit looks to us /172 scale modelers- ha!)

Mike

in the first photo link, note she has the late solid cast nosewheel and the hinged gunport covers are still fitted. You probably have better photos- this is the A I've always wanted to do....waiting for either a state of the art F-86A or to get off my lazy bum and do a conversion, but would have to correct speedbrake doors/wells, make a correct slatted wing, and make a master for the v-shaped windscreen. Is this a great hobby or what?

http://youwarhistory.ucoz.ru/Squanee.jpg

http://img.wp.scn.ru/camms/ar/97/pics/3_53.jpg

Edited by 72modeler
added links, corrected spelling
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Sabrejet said:

Mike,

If I do an F-86A it won't be a Korean War a/c. Mind you I don't have a clue what it might be!

Didn't see this post until after I added my comments above! How about a West German AF F-86K or one of the colorful F-86H's? I'm sure whatever you do, it will be the bee's knees!

Mike