Removing pictures from Photobucket help!

There used to be, but PB removed the Download Album feature. To be honest, even when it did work, there were several layers of that God-awful Re-Captcha (you know, those I'm not a robot, click all the boxes with a car in it, what colour socks am I wearing?) and half the time it would fail anyway. At best, it was a pain in the backside. At worst, well, at least you'd expand your vocabulary of insults!

I've been on to them about it several times, but they don't even respond any more. A more loathsome organisation I've yet to find. They're even worse than British Gas!

I'm in the position where I'm having to download several thousand photos, one at a time. You'd think they would make it simple for us freeloaders to take our photos and sling our collective hook, thereby freeing up their precious server space, but sadly, common sense is not at all common at PB Towers.

Oh, and for the few albums I have downloaded (manually, one at a time), most of the time it won't let me delete the album! I would love to be able to tell you what I really think of them, but decorum, not to mention the possibility of a perma-ban,  prevents me from doing so.

4 hours ago, Kev The Modeller said:

I want to close my account as it's useless now and close the account,

it's not,  there are photobucket  embed fixes around for Fiefox and Chrome,  which  work,  and the pics are  then again visible.

Has the added advantage of  carrying  on using up their bandwidth and server  space.  And not having to reload all your work too.

49 minutes ago, Troy Smith said:

it's not,  there are photobucket  embed fixes around for Fiefox and Chrome,  which  work,  and the pics are  then again visible.

Has the added advantage of  carrying  on using up their bandwidth and server  space.  And not having to reload all your work too.

Interesting how do you do it for Chrome?

well, I'm using Firefox,  as Chrome crashes on this tablet, but it's got 'issues',  but it did  work as well.

but,well, I read about here or hyperscale and googled it up

for example "chrome photobucket hotlink fix"

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg?hl=en&hotlinkfix=1513871570505

I  noted there  is this for Chrome as well 

The only way I could download all of my images was by uisng the Google CHROME browser and purchasing and installing the plugin 'Photobucket Album Downloader' think it was $2.

http://www.yamahait.com.au/forum/index.php?topic=23692.0

HTH

T

I'd continue to clog up their servers too if I were you :)  The work-around may not work indefinitely, so as long as you still have the originals on your home PC or a cloud service, you'll be ok ;)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...