Jonners' builds for 2017 - Not a bad year this year!

Jon Kunac-Tabinor

Season's Greeting to you all. Having been a bit less frequent on here this year - I thought I'd prove i have been a scalplin' and a gluin' and a paintin' - and not just lying around being fed grapes and wine by scantily clad demoiselles... but I digress :)   Everything is 1/48th scale apart from the Hannover which is 1/32.

The year began with the Kinetic's Sea Harrier FRS1 - and there were a few of building them concurrently as I recall - which is always nice when one build can inform another - plus the wealth of knowledge here was invaluable for adding details.
JuHqyjw.jpg

Then it was onto another carrier fighter - Wingsy's Mitusbishi A5M Claude - a superb model!

BNR0Bbl.jpg

Hmm - seems there was a wee themette here - 'cus next up - a Seafire FIII -  Special Hobby with bits borrowed from spare Edaurd & Hasegawa kits!

vcfZwVF.jpg

The far east  aspect then - in true James Burke style  - led me to here: Tamiya's new Ki-61 Tei Hien - another model that oozes quality.
65rFYrO.jpg

And speaking of models that ooze quality - I finally finished Wingnuts big Hannover, with lashings of Aviattic lozenge, and some nattily painted steel hats :)

oXVzAj6.jpg

Being flung from a carrier as a profession returned for the next build. Hobbyboss's curate's egg of a Corsair. This time finished as a FAA mk IV in markings I've wanted to do for ages.

e6hIhLa.jpg

And at some point the shelf of doom's grip was crowbarred away from this Trumpeter Sea Hawk too.  The shelf of doom needs to up its game - it's been a bit of an absolute shower this year!
HeQQOC0.jpg

As the year's denouement beckoned, Airfix's new P-51D appeared, and was finished with some decals from Kits World for a subject I've always found appealingly different for a USAAF P-51

UfO2Jdt.jpg

And last, but in no way least - the year will probably end with Eduard's  lovely Spitfire Mk XVI - finished as a Central Gunnery School example- as made "famous" by Heller's venerable 1/72 kit from the 1980s.

AqTjEa9.jpg

So nine for the year - pretty good for me!

Wishing you all a Happy Christmas and a peaceful & prosperous 2018

Jonners

• Like 32

they are ALL great  Jonners.  Love the Hannover.  I really need to do so me WNW kits.  They do all the aeroplanes I first came across when reading Biggles. Are they the Aeromaster decals used on the corsair?

They do look good.  Thankyou for your kind comments on my 2017 thread too.  Yes, we are giving you  a bit of a drubbing in the cricket:dalek1: England has had far too many distractions

Boxing Day Match will be interesting though. I expect your lot to come out fighting.  Your lovely SHAR will lead you to know what to expect from the kinetic Mirage.. Just don't glue the rear of the intake trunking to the bulkhead as suggested.  Leave it floating as you will need to exert some downward pressure on the fuselage to allow it to splay out so you don't end up with gaps at the wingroots

Looking forward to your 2018 builds

Regards and Seasons greetings

Bruce

Hello Jonners,

Very nice collection, very appealling for me since it's mainly a Naval aviation affair !!

Congratulations and thanks for the nice thread too !!

I wish you the best of the grape, the wine and the gals for 2018:gobsmacked:

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp