If you're one of the gradually reducing number of folks that aren't currently receiving notifications to topics you've subscribed to, or PMs you're receiving, first check you've got the correct address in your profile, then drop in and post your experience in this thread, remembering to tell us your email provider's details, which is the part after the @ in your email address.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

viperchief

CAS Viper PROGRESS PIX!

Nice.

On 1/1/2018 at 20:22, viperchief said:

Italeri F-16B............... I have never actually looked at that kit. How does it hold up against newer kits?

Probably doesn't have the level of detail of the more recent Revell/Tamiya etc, but has nice engraved surface detail. I think they still stand up quite nicely.

Made some progress tonight. Masked and painted the gear wells and doors and started on the exhaust. The combination of Tamiya kit, Eduard bits and MRP paint make modeling a blast!

resized_7a7c93a2-fee0-48ad-99ba-bbbead6b

resized_9aaeeb2d-2f9a-4f13-a7e0-98e6c549

resized_8452f1a9-de6d-4576-b428-666cfea5

resized_8c9bd3af-c0dd-4d68-ab85-3f671460

resized_83acf314-a64a-4bcb-af5b-4829cd0b

Nice, this scheme looks awesome on the F-16. Now watching with interest for next update 👍

Used Alclad Klear Kote for the first time and I am not sure I like it...dries slowly and seems to have messed with my colors a bit. We'll see how it looks tomorrow. Also primed the wing tanks and AME. Ready for paint!

resized_2567fb61-a3cd-4d3b-8f45-5ebc6f8d

resized_f4596532-b67e-4c33-a4ab-7f225975

Gosh darn, but that looks just about beautiful!

I find the MrPaint colors very nice to spray, even if a little on the smelly side.

6 hours ago, Christer A said:

Gosh darn, but that looks just about beautiful!

I find the MrPaint colors very nice to spray, even if a little on the smelly side.

Thank you! I absolutely love the MRP (and oddly enough, the smell!). I do use a mask and spray booth to preserve the innards. The stuff really made modeling exciting again as I am able to do stuff like 1/72 Luftwaffe mottling rather easily.