This site is giving my computer a tempature

hsr

Just as an FYI

I run Core Temp on my laptop because a while back I had issues with it shutting down due to high CPU temperature. That problem was fixed by blowing out all the dust that had collected around the heat sink, but I keep it running for my amusement. For the last couple of weeks I have noticed that when I go to this site the core temperatures goes from ~120F to ~170F and the fan goes on full blast. I am guessing it is being caused by the snow graphic you have placed on the banner. 

Not a big deal as long as it stays below 200F and since no one likes snow after Christmas I am guessing the snow will go away after next week, but just letting you know.

Thanks

Howard

• Confused 1

Hi Howard

You can turn the snow off quickly by reverting to the old site format. At the bottom of the page you will see 'Theme' Click on this then click default. Reload the page and the snow will have gone. It will change back to the old blue banner heading. Come new year, you can change it back, when Mike turns the snow off.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My snow melted and we turned the central heating off, opened the windows.. Found out we had a faulty thermostat and we developed a cold.. Boiler cupboard door was rattling on its hinges.

Is it the wrong kind of snow?

Serious note...How old is your Computer ?

I've noticed its slowed down a lot on initial load up and consequent page loading EG going from My Content to New Content. Little wheel spins for ages.