XI / 11 Squadron Blenheims...any good photos or refs?

Procopius

I'm planning on building a Blenheim in 2018, and I'd like to do it as one of the doomed 11 Squadron aircraft that made the attack on the Japanese carriers off Ceylon in April of 1942, preferably the one flown by Squadron Leader Ken Ault, which was lost, along with him, his crew, and a RNVR observer who had volunteered to go with them, when it was shot down by Zeroes after dropping its bombs. The only two photos I've seen of 11 Squadron Blenheims on Ceylon are from the IWM, and they show standard IVs without the chin turret -- they're from bad angles, however, which make code arrangements and possible colours hard to make out. I have most of the standard works on the Indian Ocean Raid (and a number of archival sources too, including a copy of Vice-Admiral Algernon Willis's unpublished memoirs of it and RAF post-battle reports, the 11 Squadron ORB for the period, etc), but I was wondering if anyone knew of some photos or profiles of 11 Squadron's aircraft around this time. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, snowen250 said:

Do you have a copy of the Shores books on this period? There may be photos in there! If you don't I do, so I can check when I'm home. Bloody Shamvles Vol1 or 2 should provide some answers.

Simon

Afraid I do -- not much to go on in there photographically for the Blenheims.