1/20 Tamiya Brabham BT46 Alfa Romeo

This was a dated kit, showing its age in a few places, but overall this was still a great build. I look forward to picking up a few more of these 70's style Formula 1 cars in the future. A later incarnation of this car called the BT46B was banned due to it's controversial ground effect invention, which was a gearbox driven fan that spun at 8000 rpm which although on paper was supposed to help cool the engine, in reality the whole of the engine bay was fully enclosed, thus creating a huge suction that created a massive ground effect advantage over the Lotus which had dominated the season up until the arrival of the "Fan Car". Ultimately, it was banned due to complaints from other drivers and rival teams claiming that the fan was illegal by definition of the rules. Finally, you can see my work in progress of this build in the link below.

KofgTyW.jpg
X7JY9lr.jpg
Ip5FJ1w.jpg
UNz4rXf.jpg
haZ2k8S.jpg
u2BEUJt.jpg
ZpZ5oj5.jpg
6fWHoZ8.jpg
XWv8C0i.jpg
ljubR6g.jpg
vJz4ICA.jpg
gYkHcYQ.jpg
u4uj1E8.jpg
SzvygAr.jpg
Kj4g0L4.jpg
j7H4dJm.jpg
t8gCM2r.jpg
LosLOHF.jpg
dOD0slP.jpg
cdVZdE2.jpg

• Like 5

Very nice! Great finish on the bodywork - is that you I can see reflected in the rear wing (pic#9)!!?!

I have one of these waiting for me in the stash - your has inspired me to have a go now!

ATB
Rick

7 hours ago, Spad said:

Very nice! Great finish on the bodywork - is that you I can see reflected in the rear wing (pic#9)!!?!

I have one of these waiting for me in the stash - your has inspired me to have a go now!

ATB
Rick

Thanks ! I guess it's hard not to get ones reflection when taking pics when the lacquer coat is shiny.