1/72 Fly Models Ilyushin Il-10

Dear fellow Britmodellers,

this is Fly Models' 1/72 Ilyushin Il-10, "Soviet Service", built from the box.

There have been a few comments about accuracy issues on this kit in the 'Rumourmonger' thread :

In my humble opinion, the nose section looks undernourished, being about 2mm to slim and lacking the distinctive curavture of the original.

The windscreen sits a bit too high, about 1mm.

The placement of exhaust rows does not match plans either.

Despite these issues, the kit builds into a well-detailed replica and does look like an Il-10 to me.

A detailled build review will be featured in an upcoming edition of Scale Aviation Modeller International.

The model was painted using Gunze/Mr.Hobby acrylics.

All photogrpahs by Wolfgang Rabel.

Thanks for your interest, greetings from Vienna.

33944859-9a03-41f0-ba08-7fb2166e0534.jpg

766e87b9-e348-4732-ad25-772db0d8b3d6.jpg5a0823ae-4855-45cd-8a3f-8a722accbe66.jpg

272300cd-160a-4f8c-ba59-1379e6976740.jpga99fc4b6-7c4a-4ff3-b215-18e30e6efee2.jpgd98ac1e2-c050-4d50-94a6-e5e4188f8ac5.jpgae3ed373-a728-4e6e-b2f2-23263097152a.jpg

• Like 31
  • Sad 1

HI My Dear Friend Roman!!!

I have wanted to check this build before BUT have had a lot of issues to deal with.Congratulations for this great and highly commendable work!!!

Anyway, have watched the great you you have done in my phone, and wanted to have a chance in my PC to check better and bigger images to enjoy what you have done. First, I have watched the job carefully and have to  say you have done a great job with it, have liked a lot the nice painting and weathering job you did here, and all the build itself.  Another great job for the shelves!!!

I agree with Steve and was thinking if you know about a comparison with the old KP kit??? I have not know any of them and would be a nice chance to know more info dealing with this models. If this one is better than the other, soon in the Ebay and with other sellers would be a great availability of the KP kits... 

Thank you very much for sharing!!!

Cheers,

Luis Alfonso

Really nice job Roman

I like it a lot.

The Green, Brown and Dark Bluey/Grey look spot on and underside Light Blue as well

I got the colours all wrong for a recent build of mine....ouch! :thumbsdown:

It would be great if you could elaborate on the paints and colour call outs you have used if possible.

Cheers

Bruce