Hi

Gremlin807

Hi,

I have been reading many of the threads on this forum for several years since I re-started modelling back in 2011.  I have to say I am amazed at the skill of modern-day modellers.

Like many, I made loads of plastic models when I was young, then life got in the way and the passtime got shunted out.  

And like many I've now got back into my old hobby.

I'm now a 55 year old grump.  Married, two late teenage daughters, wifey and mortgage.  I work for a company that develops avionics so have a keen interest in aircraft (I've held that interest since I was about 5 years old!), particularly British and American aircraft WW2 to present day.

Long live plastic modelling!

Gremlin807

• Like 1

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the welcome.

As to LostCosmonauts last.  Well....  That would be a good theory.  I started with a 1/48th F-16 but that ran long because I was having problems with the paint scheme - 2011 Belgian Tiger.  That one is still on the back burner.  And then there was this and that and lots of work and home commitments inbetween.

So far I have only completed 2 models.  Airfix Vulcan in the guise of XM607 and a Frog 1/72 Lightning.

I have been capturing a build history for the Vulcan as it went along.  I've read so many of the build threads on here and find them fascinating, that I thought I needed to do likewise.  No eureka moments in my case, just OCD taking over on an OOTB build.

The question is, how do I post photos along with the text?

I've heard that Photobucket is out, and Flickr has issues too.  Is there an easy tutorial on the process?  A diatribe of verbiage with no photos would make a really boring read and an even more anti-climactic RFI!

Regards

Gremlin807

Hi and welcome, having been a member for just over two weeks myself I can say so far most of my spare time has been spent on trying to figure out flickr and posting pics rather than building anything so if you do figure it out would you let me know??

Cos so far I've drawn blank!

Pictures aside everyone has been super friendly and welcoming and its full of inspirational builds.

My preference for building being 1/48 aircraft and just recently 1/35 armour

Good luck

Darryl

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

I'm planning my second thread, but before I put my foot in it I want to understand the rules about posting photos from the Internet - not ones I own.

E.g. In my XM607 post I mentioned finding a number of photos online that showed that the large L band antenna on the ECM plate under the starboard wing had moved position over time.  This would have been much easier to explain if I had posted the actual photos that I had found on t'internet.  I err'd on the safe side and didn't upload them. 

Can I post straight from the internet, or am I (or Britmodeller) going to get into trouble?

I've had a look at the FAQs and Site Support forums and not found anything on this subject.

Regards

Gremlin807