Iwata Airbrush advice

ModellerCH

Hi all,

i just bought an Iwata Ninja Jet compressor. Now i need an aribrush to use eith but i have no idea on which one to purchase. I wold like to have a two action airbrush but i really dont know how to chose it. I don't nedd nay professional one, just o good one for "standar" modelling. I buy my equipment from this site:

https://www.airbrushking.ch/pistolen/IWATA/?currency=EUR&switch_country=AD&view_mode=tiled&listing_sort=price_asc&listing_count=24&cat=c54&cPath=2_54

I'm sorry it's only in german, but prices are in EUR. Could you please help me to choose the right Airbrush please?

Thanks

Hi,

If you are a standard modeller and want to paint some fine details and some areas of paint. As a starter I would look at the Harder & Steenbeck Ultra 2in1.

It has a 2ml paint cup for detail work and a 5ml for area work. It also has a 0.2mm nozzle set for details work and a larger area 0.4mm nozzle.  The paint nozzles don't need any tools to install or remove.

Iwata now own Harder &  Steenbeck.  Easier to maintain and easier to clean than Iwata brushes, cheaper  for spares and your dealer does sell the brand.

I am not sure of the price locally, but our UK price works our at  €91.

Paul

Edited by little-cars

I got one of Paul’s Ultra 2in 1 airbrushes for my birthday in the summer.  My first decent airbrush.  Clean up is a lot easier than my previous Chinese cheapy, so I am more encouraged to use for more and more of the model.  Still learning though, my main discovery is thin the paint and clean thoroughly at the end which is easy.  The .4 needle looks more robust though so far my skills haven’t showed much difference using the .2 or .4. Practice, practice, practice.

Cheers

Will

4 hours ago, Steve Noble said:

What kind of models do you build and what scale? It will make a difference. If you only build cars and bikes for example you won't need something that can spray super fine lines..

I usually build WW2 1:48  planes scale but i plan to build also 1:24.

Edited by ModellerCH

4 hours ago, little-cars said:

Hi,

If you are a standard modeller and want to paint some fine details and some areas of paint. As a starter I would look at the Harder & Steenbeck Ultra 2in1.

It has a 2ml paint cup for detail work and a 5ml for area work. It also has a 0.2mm nozzle set for details work and a larger area 0.4mm nozzle.  The paint nozzles don't need any tools to install or remove.

Iwata now own Harder &  Steenbeck.  Easier to maintain and easier to clean than Iwata brushes, cheaper  for spares and your dealer does sell the brand.

I am not sure of the price locally, but our UK price works our at  €91.

Paul

My store got those:

https://www.airbrushking.ch/pistolen/Harder--Steenbeck--harder-steenbeck--airbrush--airbrush-pistole--airbrush-shop/?view_mode=tiled&listing_sort=price_asc&listing_count=24

I own three Iwata airbrushes, Hi-Line HP-CH and the Hi-Line HP-AH and the Neo TRN1. I can recommend the Neo as a good all round airbrush. The pistol grip and trigger are so comfortable to use. It's very controllable and capable of both fine and general detail work.

I've used the Iwata Neo and the H&S Ultra and I much prefer the Ultra. In my opinion I find it easier to spray a fine line and it is much easier and quicker to clean.

27 minutes ago, Gorby said:

I've used the Iwata Neo and the H&S Ultra and I much prefer the Ultra. In my opinion I find it easier to spray a fine line and it is much easier and quicker to clean.

Yeah, the Neo can be a PITA to clean. Only other down side to the Iwata's, the needle is very soft steel. A hard stare will bent it, so a lot of care should be taken when removing/inserting it for cleaning.

My first airbrush that gave me over a decade of faultless service was a Paasche VL. Fixed double action with line thickness being adjusted by a dial in front of the trigger button. Three different needle size options and possibly the easiest and quickest airbrush to clean that I have ever used. Passed it onto my Dad when he wanted to learn how to airbrush after using the hairy stick for 40+ years.

• Like 1