Ancient Airfix Dornier Do-217 out of the box.

I built and painted this kit exactly as the instructions indicated.  The only extras I did was do some minor scribing on the wings and fuselage.  Fun build.  Next time will vac-form the clear parts.

Airfix_217E_39.jpgAirfix_217E_42.jpg

Airfix_217E_36.jpgAirfix_217E_41.jpg

• Like 23

Brilliant and so well made, 1965, one Saturday afternoon a inquisitive 5 year old pinched his brother's kit, Airfix Do 217, light blue plastic and new kit at the time, first Roy cross box top, at the time, I thought the fuel tanks were mini subs😁 I have one in the stash to revisit again 😊

I would not expected so nice result from this old kit :). If I may some suggestion - perhaps only wheels went a bit to strong forward. The angle should be right to plate of mid-wing. 

Znalezione obrazy dla zapytania dornier 217

This is still easy to correct.  But finish is very tide and nice looking! Congrats and regrads

J-W

48 minutes ago, JWM said:

I would not expected so nice result from this old kit :). If I may some suggestion - perhaps only wheels went a bit to strong forward. The angle should be right to plate of mid-wing. 

Znalezione obrazy dla zapytania dornier 217

This is still easy to correct.  But finish is very tide and nice looking! Congrats and regrads

J-W

I agree.  The landing gear is missing the rear support and is a bit weak.  I'll make sure to fix it next time.  I've sold this one though.

Gentlemen.  Thank you are for your comments and suggestions.

• Like 1