Almost a total washout

Duncan B

2017 very well might go down in my personal history as the year I gave up modelling! Just the one two completions for the year and nothing new started, a rather worrying turn of events indeed.

IMG_3130-L.jpg

IMG_3134-L.jpg

IMG_3136-L.jpg

IMG_3139-L.jpg

Not exactly a year to remember. (but what an ending!)

I've just doubled my tally for the year! Completed this Eduard 1/72 Weekend Edition F6F-3 Hellcat this morning (28th Dec) after a mad 48 hour modelling frenzy. Used Mission Models Acrylic paints throughout (except for the silver on the Nav Lights). I'll post up better photos once I've taken some.

2017-12-31%2016.19.59-L.jpgIMG_3286-L.jpg

Duncan B

• Like 15

Good ‘Grief’ so to speak!

I echo Bruce’s comments. Mojo meltdown has been a factor of my output for years, but it will come back. For me the Airfix starter kits will account for the vast majority of my contributions in 2017. Quick(ish) and simple.

I imagine the efforts you have been putting to your business has limited your modelling time. I’m sure though that opportunities will happen for you in 2018.

Regards

Trevor

• Like 1

And what a model!

It's so....erm...I'll be back when I think of the right superlative.

excellent, magnificent, wonderful, glorious, marvellous, brilliant, supreme, consummate, outstanding, prodigious, dazzling, remarkable, formidable, fine, choice, sterling, first-rate, first-class, of the first water, of the first order, of the highest order, premier, prime, unsurpassed, unequalled, unparalleled, unrivalled, unbeatable, peerless, matchless, singular, unique, transcendent, best, greatest, worthiest, pre-eminent, perfect, faultless, flawless; More

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

And what a model!

It's so....erm...I'll be back when I think of the right superlative.

excellent, magnificent, wonderful, glorious, marvellous, brilliant, supreme, consummate, outstanding, prodigious, dazzling, remarkable, formidable, fine, choice, sterling, first-rate, first-class, of the first water, of the first order, of the highest order, premier, prime, unsurpassed, unequalled, unparalleled, unrivalled, unbeatable, peerless, matchless, singular, unique, transcendent, best, greatest, worthiest, pre-eminent, perfect, faultless, flawless; More

Cute, just like it's owner!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Max Headroom said:

Nice kitty!

Must get me one as I’ve heard Good Words about it.

Well done👍🏻

Trevor

Trev, it was a really fun kit to build. It was for a Weekend Group Build elsewhere so had to be done in 48 hours or less which for me sounded impossible but the kit made it easy. I can thoroughly recommend the kit AND the Mission Models Acrylics that I used to paint it (PM me if you need pointers where to buy either!).

Duncan B