Naturally Faded Paint

Crossiant Oliver

Answering from a position of non expert, i would imagine that yes your model would congeal into a puddle.

As for fading, I would hazard a guess that this is dependent the constituent components and that unless the model paint mimics the real thing, then the process would differ.

Bottom line, paint it in the pre faded Olive Drab of your choice (and that’s a can of worms that I’m avoiding!)

Good luck!

Trevor

36 minutes ago, Max Headroom said:

Answering from a position of non expert, i would imagine that yes your model would congeal into a puddle.

As for fading, I would hazard a guess that this is dependent the constituent components and that unless the model paint mimics the real thing, then the process would differ.

Bottom line, paint it in the pre faded Olive Drab of your choice (and that’s a can of worms that I’m avoiding!)

Good luck!

Trevor

Is something like Humbrol 155 count as a pre-faded olive drab?

29 minutes ago, Crossiant Oliver said:

Is something like Humbrol 155 count as a pre-faded olive drab?

I’m sorry but US colours is something I’ve no great knowledge of (see my comment above :confused:). However I’m sure someone will be along in a moment.......

Trevor

I tried this idea many years ago when none of all these modern weathering products were available.

I live in Greece where sunshine conditions are very similar to California. The models did not melt but parts lost their alignment. (wing dihedral and landing gear of aircraft, canon of a tank). Colors (humbrol) faded  after about 2 months, but decals were destroyed.

I was not using varnishes these years, and i since most varnishes provide some UV protection  perhaps a varnished model will not fade that fast.