Soviet GAZ AAA truck 1/48 scale

cger

Hi all,

here is another  1/48 scale kit I recently completed. It is a WWII GAZ AAAA truck from Unimodel that was released several years ago. I decided to modify a bit the kit by adding a gas generator. I found some pics and plans on the web of this kind of modification.

P1030336

The various parts of the gas generator assembly were scratchbuild with plastic cards. From left to right: the furnace where the gas (carbon monoxide) is produced, the box to store wood, the hand pump used to start the process, the filter assembly and  a cooling system (I think).

The kit was painted with Gunze acrylics.  I displayed it on a small base.  The birch tree is done with Magic Sculpt on a twisted wire frame, the leaves are from Mininatur. The two figures are from ICM.  The small river was done with clear acrylic resin.

I hope you will like it,

Christian.

P1050082

P1050083

P1050085

P1040497

P1050080

P1050079

P1040495

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

WOW ... the scenery is so well done that you almost loose sight of the great build. How did you do the tree ? It really adds to the diorama.                  Bob H.

Hi all,

thanks  a lot for the kind words. To answer Bob Henry, the tree was done using a standard trick that I learned on railway modelling forums: the trunk is done with a 

a bundle of twisted wires (I use some fine iron wire sold for gardening), the wires are all twisted together to form the lower trunk, then smaller and smaller groups of wires are twisted together to form the large and smaller branches. The tree is then covered with Milliput and sprayed an off white color. The leaves are done with Mininatur leaves. It is a kind of net with leaves glued on, quite expensive but realistic. The net is cut in small pieces glued to the various branches,

best,

Christian.

• Like 1