Can't see the For Sale section (BST)

IIRC it's because you're a new member with 35 posts.  We had a few instances in the early days where people were scammed by new members, so we introduced a 100 post rule to at least remove the "short con" artists from the mix, which seems to have worked quite well over the years.  Once you've been here long enough to accrue 100 genuine posts (we watch for 100 "That's nice", "I hope mine turns out half as well" and other such meaningless fluff posts), you'll be greeted with a vision, and will be able to participate in the free exchange of models between modellers without fees.  Worth waiting for, and it stops eBay from robbing you blind with their fees, and fees on postage charges, and fees on fees etc.  :rolleyes:

10 minutes ago, Mike said:

IIRC it's because you're a new member with 35 posts.  We had a few instances in the early days where people were scammed by new members, so we introduced a 100 post rule to at least remove the "short con" artists from the mix, which seems to have worked quite well over the years.  Once you've been here long enough to accrue 100 genuine posts (we watch for 100 "That's nice", "I hope mine turns out half as well" and other such meaningless fluff posts), you'll be greeted with a vision, and will be able to participate in the free exchange of models between modellers without fees.  Worth waiting for, and it stops eBay from robbing you blind with their fees, and fees on postage charges, and fees on fees etc.  :rolleyes:

Fair enough, however I have seen a few posts on here saying that new members can freely view the for sale section they just aren't allowed to comment on the threads or begin a thread because they are a new member, whereas I can't see anything.

1 hour ago, Bailes said:

Fair enough, however I have seen a few posts on here saying that new members can freely view the for sale section they just aren't allowed to comment on the threads or begin a thread because they are a new member, whereas I can't see anything.

Might be because it say's I am a restricted member? no idea why could you shed some light on this and possibly lift the restriction?

Ah... that shines more light on the subject.  A restricted member usually gets that way due to a bit of an "issue" in the Buy/Sell area.  Have you been involved in one of those?  A Mod will usually tell you if you've been excluded from there, along with a reason.  Is your memory as bad as mine, or do we have an accident on our hands?  I'll have a root round in the background, and if you want to continue this conversation in private, I'm all ears - just drop me a PM :)

• 3 years later...

how come i'm restricted? knock over somebody's jam jar?

and if i posted in '15, how could i have joined in '18?

Drilling Spinner Holes - Modelling Tips - Britmodeller.com

finding the center of a circle - Scratchbuilding - Britmodeller.com

Edited by s.e.charles
i'm confused

Checked the notes, you did not follow the rules, were flippant in your reply when contacted about it and when asked to:

"Please respond that you have read the rules and will comply with them if you wish to continue using the section."

Didnt. 

So yes, evidently you did knock over someone's jam jar. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2