Endurance, Ernest Shackleton's ship any kits?

thevid

Currently studying the unbelievable story of the Endurance and her crew under Ernest Shackleton's leadership and am wondering if there is a plastic kit available. 

Thanks,

David

• Like 1

Hi David,

I am not aware of any plastic kits available but there is a 3D printed kit on Shapeways:

https://www.shapeways.com/product/CSVECWYA8/barquentine-quot-endurance-quot?optionId=62004138&li=marketplace

The story of Shackleton and the escape of the crew of Endurance from the ice is truly inspirational. I was lucky enough to be able to visit  Shackleton's grave when I served in the Royal Navy and when you experience the Southern Ocean at first hand and see the mountains in South Georgia you realise the enormity of the feat that he and his crew performed. 

His diary of the expedition is a fantastic read. It's called South: The Story of Shackleton's 1914-1917 Expedition and is available for nowt if you've got a Kindle. It's definitely worth the £7.50 for the paperback if not. I know that doesn't help with your original question, but I thought you might be interested!

I've been interested in this story for years - since my time in the Falkands, actually - and oddly it's never occurred to me to look for a kit. Good idea.