Airliner access wanted

scalewarship

Hi All 

Its a shot in the dark but I need to get access to some airliner engines preferably low slung wing engines airbus or boeing, I am writing a book on airbrushing model aircraft for a publisher, in the past I worked on painting real aircraft for 22 years and taken many pictures but none of the exhaust areas in particular. With modern security issues I know this is going to be a problem. The pictures have got to be of a certain size and composure, i can use other peoples pictures but they will have to sign a copyright document and will be credited with the pictures in the book. I can travel to most places in the uk if anyone can help.

The book needs to be handed in in January so time is short so here is hoping someone can help, Thanks for your time

Regards Robin Carpenter

3 hours ago, scalewarship said:

Hi All 

Its a shot in the dark but I need to get access to some airliner engines preferably low slung wing engines airbus or boeing, I am writing a book on airbrushing model aircraft for a publisher, in the past I worked on painting real aircraft for 22 years and taken many pictures but none of the exhaust areas in particular. With modern security issues I know this is going to be a problem. The pictures have got to be of a certain size and composure, i can use other peoples pictures but they will have to sign a copyright document and will be credited with the pictures in the book. I can travel to most places in the uk if anyone can help.

The book needs to be handed in in January so time is short so here is hoping someone can help, Thanks for your time

Regards Robin Carpenter

Robin,

Have you tried contacting a company like GJD Services at Bruntingthorpe?

3 hours ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

Isn't there a bunch of airliners at Lasham awaiting new homes? Might be worth some enquiries down there as well.

Sadly the only new home that many of the jets at Bruntingthorpe, Lashem and Kemble (amongst others) is going to be the inside of a smelting plant.