Hello there.

Jasper dog

After having lurked around the site for quite a number of years thought I'd take the plunge and sign up!

Started "sticking bits of plastic together" as a child then the inevitable break restarted with 1/48 aeroplanes late 20s and been on and off (unfortunately mostly off) ever since recently found a liking for 1/35 armour. Wish my build rate could be sooooo much higher, once peaked at a heady 8 aeroplanes in a 12mth period now dropped to somewhat less, perhaps if I spent less time reading about other people making them....... (or is it just me)?

Unfortunately whilst the build rate was somewhat lacking the creation of a "stash" was anything but, so have plenty to go at.

Having got this far now need to figure out how to post pics etc, opened a flickr acc and put a couple of pics of old builds in it so next job is to try and post those as a test run, hoping that once all is up and running it might encourage me to build and post more!

Anyway thanks for all the inspirational builds I've seen on here and good luck with ongoing projects.

Cheerio from a not so sunny Lancashire

All the best Darryl (Jasper dog)

(Apologies in advance for all the inevitable computer related blunders, never did get with these things, perhaps a more apt user name would have been Luddite)?

• Like 2

Hi Darryl, welcome to britmodeller and back to modelling, most of us have taken a brake but have been drawn back to modelling I started an 1/72 aircraft then went to military vehicles and back to luftwaffe aircraft both 1/48 & 1/72, hope to see some of your work soon, 

Welcome back.  I'm a returning builder myself having started building again a few months back for the first time since Fred Flintstone was just a lad (ain't retirement grand!).  The guys on this forum are crackerjack when it comes to getting answers to questions.

Thanks for the welcome and encouragement, guess I'll feel guilty now if I don't figure his posting lark out and get a few more finished!

Thanks again for taking the time to say hi, much appreciated.

Merry Christmas and all the best for the new year.

Darryl  

11 minutes ago, LostCosmonauts said:

Careful! This forum has a way of slowing your build rate down as you find ever more diversionary threads and ideas for additional research, detailing, weathering, settings,

Doesn't it Just, haven't even looked at a piece of plastic since joining seam to be fully tied up trying to post pictures,  unsuccessfully at that!

Cheers