Airfix Gloster Gladiator 1:72

Good day all,

It has been quite some time since I last posted a completion here so I thought I would dig out my most recent. The first up is a Gloster Gladiator built straight OOB in the Finnsh scheme. Painting was entertaining because I chose to spray so had very tight masking and also the two tone nature of the body work did provide a bit of head scratching but in the end it came through fine. The paints are my trusted Model Master Acrylics which seem to react nicely to my heathen painting attempts. I also had a good go at rigging this thing, after a few nights of mind boggling, eye straining effort it also came good. I used fine stainless steel wire from my secret stock (Gnome ECU OTG tell tale wire for those in the know) cut to length, rolled straight and then CA'd into place (several times in some instances!) All in all quite happy with this, went together well and apart from a couple of broken struts didn't provide any snags at all.

20171107_174646

20171107_174655

Not sure what happened here, the flash seemed to pick up some speckling that cant be seen normally.

20171107_174706

20171107_174710

20171107_174720

20171107_174730

And here she is amongst a line up of my collection of Airfixs fine array of newly tooled stringbags

20171107_174846

Cheers now

Bob

• Like 26

5 hours ago, Vinnie said:

That's a lovely build. Super paintwork. What did you use for masking, please?

From what I remember the kit paint plans were almost to scale so I cut out the patterns from the plans and then transferred that shape to tamiya masking tape. The wings weren't too bad because they are almost flat, but taking a flat pattern for the fuselage and transferring that to the 3 dimensional kit took a bit of planning and a lot trial and error.

Glad you all like it!

Bob