Falke 'Modified' WIP -Completed!!!

37 minutes ago, Hunter Rose said:

Looking great tiking!!

I like how it looks with the extra length gained by moving the side bits forward. Gives it a real sleek speedy look!

Thanks. That was the plan. 😁

OK. here we go again guys. We are nearly at completion of this build. Not much left to do. I still have weathering and more details to add, not much but you all know how it is. Once you start on the details, one cannot seem to stop. :) You just seem to want more. And you all know how much of a detail freak I am. :)

Anyways, I have now painted the entire model, at the least the pod section or cockpit section black. The Kit offers several camo schemes and black was one of them. So I opted for this color. Of course the scheme is slightly different than the kits but I had to deviate from it. You know. Never an original kit, when it comes to building a kit. :)

Below are small details I decided to add after the model was painted.  I used decals both from the kit and other plane kits I have in my 'box of tricks'

2v2JUSp6rxAWPEi.jpg
2v2JUSp18xAWPEi.jpg
2v2JUSpoFxAWPEi.jpg
2v2JUS1CdxAWPEi.jpg

2v2JUS1SnxAWPEi.jpg

More detailing parts. This part will be placed at the front of the pod:

2v2JUSpeyxAWPEi.jpg
2v2JUSpHzxAWPEi.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------

Below is the painted pod without the engines mounted. The skull decal was a big issue. I had to slice the upper decal portion in sections to get the decal to fit and sit properly over the dome of the cockpit, properly. I was not 100% satisfied with the quality of the decals. Many got messed up or did not site right:

2v2JUScEdxAWPEi.jpg
2v2JUSc25xAWPEi.jpg
2v2JUSprGxAWPEi.jpg
2v2JUSpnqxAWPEi.jpg

I glued the first engine(right one), in place. As you can see, its weathered a little. I still have the left one to weather. I weather each one before gluing it in place. Since this pic was taken I have already repainted another section of the left engine, which is not glued in place yet. But so far the overall-look, looks very promising from my point of view.

2v2JUSpgWxAWPEi.jpg
2v2JUSpSzxAWPEi.jpg
2v2JUSpm8xAWPEi.jpg
2v2JUSp4jxAWPEi.jpg
2v2JUSpRzxAWPEi.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, basket said:

Just beautiful model with a very consistent weathering.

Congrats 2 U !

Much appreciated.

1 hour ago, AndyRM101 said:

Fantastic work! It looks stunning in black. Definitely up to your usual high standards with the weathering.

Andy:cat:

Thank you kindly Andy.

3 hours ago, Gimme Shelter said:

absolute brialliance

Thank you kindly.

48 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Simply fabulous.

Forget the trucks, we need more like this!

Hahaa! That melted my heart. Thanks. 

• Like 1