Fujimi decal help

gareth

Hi guys, I'm currently working on the Fujimi mp4/27 and I've just started to decal the kit but i've run into a problem.

The kit decals seem to be not responding to any of the setting solutions that i own, ranging from Microscale to Daco strong.

Do you guys know of any decal solutions that might be able to get them to conform as even Daco strong is having no effect whatsoever !

Gareth

Thanks Shaun, i have tried that but the decals seem to be shrugging it off without any effect. Perhaps it might be ok on the side pod decals but at the moment the decals for the nose cone are putting up a stubborn resistance. Heat seems to have worked ok but I'm worried it's going to affect the liquid chrome underneath ! Any idea if Mr Mark setter/Softer would be a bit more successful ?

Gareth

dont know about hot water, but i had some tamiya decals that shattered unless soaked in warm water.

with very resistant decals (aftermarket carbon fibre decals especially) i put the solutions on as usual, wet a cotton bud (the soft baby type not the hard tamiya ones) in water, heat the bud over a flame (not melting the thing in the process) and roll it over the decal to squeeze out the fluid from under the decal and help it stick. this can, of course, go horribly wrong if you make the bud too hot!!!!! the decals can just melt or stick to the bud if its too dry.

test it on a decal you wont need first.

if all else fails and it just will not stick, brush the area where the decal will go with clear, put the decal on the WET clear in effect using the clear as a glue (works for tiny bits of PE too) and coat the decal after to seal it in.

..........OR buy some aftermarket decals!:smile: