Firefox Spell Check

Mike

Automated Spell Check in Firefox  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Do you get squiggly lines under your spelling mistakes when you're posting in the forum?

• Yes
    • No

Hi guys,

I'm a Firefox user that has been labouring under the misapprehension that the spell check inb my browser was turned off, as it never picks up any spooling mistooks I make when posting to the forum.  Today I finally checked, and the little tick-box is ticked, so I should be getting little red squiggles under my errorrs.  No.  I'm nott, and I'm confused.  I've raised a query with support, but I was wondering if any of you are having a similar situation.

Do you get squgglee liynes under your spullings in Fiyrefox when poe sting on the forumm?  Chrome works for me, incidentally so I'm fairly sure it's not my PC and my Firefox is updated to the latest version.

Funnily enough, I've just downloaded that very thing, and its first attempt to correct an error I made on purpose didn't go well! :cwl: It is highlighting words it doesn't understand, but isn't being very helpful with replacing them.  It also keeps having a go at me for using too many commas (in its not-so humble opinion). :hmmm:

Yes,I do see the red squigglies that point either to my keyboard dyslexia or an unknown (to it) word such as "squigglies".I'm on 52.5.2 (32 bit) as updated on startup yesterday evening.XP user at this end because I see no requirement to stop using a perfectly adequate functioning machine on the whim of firms who don't operate on my little budget. 

I'm on v 51 too and I have the 'check my spelling as I type' selected in preferences with the Eng(UK) dictionary.

It defeenatly dus squiggles.

Especially the 'm' in I'm. Annoying.

I'm heading toward the conclusion that something somewhere is purposely switching off my spell-check from within FF.  I've checked the element picker details, and it is being switched off by a spellcheck="false" switch in the HTML, but I don't yet know what it is that's causing that.  I guess the next step is to go through and switch off all my plug-ins to see if it's one of them, which will be time consuming, as I have quite a few.  If anyone has any short-cuts up their sleeve that can diagnose the issue quickly, I'm all ears.  I've even been into the text-based settings and checked that too, which all says "on" :shrug: