1/72 Eduard Nieuport 17

This is 1/2 of the Eduard "Dual Combo" kit.  A gift from my mentor Ken Henderson...a fantastic model maker.  I went for the most interesting scheme, and paid dearly as the decal I needed broke into many parts.  Getting it back together took almost as long a building the kit.  Not perfect, but here is #27 for the year.  My first build since September.

Built OOB and rigged with .005 Ethicon stainless steel.  All paints are MM, and I did use the p/e seatbelts.

IMG_2386_zps0ypgl3fh.jpg

IMG_2385_zps6otjihdj.jpg

IMG_2384_zps7qtoomie.jpg

IMG_2383_zpsfzzaizhf.jpg

• Like 18

Fantastic model of the Nieuport, and good work rescuing the decal problem.

Do you mind me asking 1) did you use a brush or airbrush? and 2) how was the Eduard kit? I've been thinking of getting a Nieuport.

Kind regards,

David

• Like 1

Superb, delicate build and beautiful finish. The engine cowl really looks like polished metal and the rigging is spot on.

I could understand it if you'd rather let the wing markings alone. ;-) But wouldn't they look even more realistic with a scalpel cut along the aileron gap and some Sol to make the edges settle down?

Amazing Braille scale modelling!

Kind regards,

Joachim

Dazey...I always use an airbrush. Eduard kits are state of the art.  I wish they would make more WW1 in 1/72. You owe it to yourself to try at least one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Les Moore said:

Dazey...I always use an airbrush. Eduard kits are state of the art.  I wish they would make more WW1 in 1/72. You owe it to yourself to try at least one.

Hi Les,

Thanks for the information. I've got one Eduard kit waiting to be built, and it looks fantastic (Mig-15bis ProfiPack). I know they have a number of WW1 subjects, but I was particularly interested in the Nieuport. I'll put that on my wishlist too! Maybe Santa will be good to me...

Regards,

David

• Like 1