Italeri B52G query

PhantomBigStu

So I have received a copy of the old AMT B-52 in the latest italeri boxing, and have a couple of questions, Little confused about the options included as to whether they are accurate for the plastic re the wing fillets and also the colour of one of the options, which is described as FS36081 Euro 1 Grey on the box, but in the instructions labelled dark ghost grey FS36357, which is not the code for dark ghost grey. 

So any can help clear this up 

As a general rule, never trust colour callouts from a company that has its own paint range to push (unless you believe Italeri's claim that Bf109's were FS 36375 Light Ghost Grey underneath).  ;) 

The real thing was painted FS36081 at the time. I'm not familiar with the Italeri markings, but on the B-52 the wing fillets were added to enable Soviet sattelites to identify them as cruise missile carriers. 

HTH,

Andre

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hook said:

As a general rule, never trust colour callouts from a company that has its own paint range to push (unless you believe Italeri's claim that Bf109's were FS 36375 Light Ghost Grey underneath).  ;) 

The real thing was painted FS36081 at the time. I'm not familiar with the Italeri markings, but on the B-52 the wing fillets were added to enable Soviet sattelites to identify them as cruise missile carriers. 

HTH,

Andre

Good point, though youd think if they were putting a wrong colour to promote ones own range they would have put the wrong reference on the box as well.....

anyway the options in the box are with the one with the incorrect references being no2, I'd like to do either 2 or 3 but I don't know which a/c were fitted to the fairings which are moulded in this version the plastic 

1. Boeing B-52G-75-BW Stratofortress
    US Military US Air Force (1947-Now)
    5300 BW 57-6473 / Hard T´get
    Gulf War|Desert Storm - Diego garcia AFB | 1991
  2. Boeing B-52G-90-BW Stratofortress
    801 BW 57-6515 / Mohawk Warrior
    Gulf War|Desert Storm - Moron AB ES | 1991
  3. Boeing B-52G-95-BW Stratofortress
    1708 BW 58-0173 / Let´s Make A Deal
    Gulf War|Desert Storm - King Abdul Aziz AB, Jeddah SA | 1991
  4. Boeing B-52G-105-BW Stratofortress
    379 BW 58-0215
    Wursmith AB DE | 1977

"Mohawk Warrior" did have the fairing at the wing root.

IIRC "Let's Have a Deal" did not but I can't find pictures of her during DS.

Hard T Get sure did not have the fairing and of course option 4 did not as in 1977 the fairings had not been introduced yet

You can find several pictures of Desert Storm B-52s on this page:

http://www.dstorm.eu/pages/en/usa/b-52.html

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Now inclined towards the first option in the camp but now found a photo showing Mohawk warrior, the one I’d chosen in the same camo albeit is with mission markings not on the decal sheet, would I be correct to finish it with the camo but no markongs? 

Edited by PhantomBigStu