Revell 1/125 U-Boat U-251 with Lighted Interior

Greetings,

Heavily modified Revell kit from 1975 of U-47, a type VIIB U-Boat, depicted as U-251 a Type VIIC boat. Finished in a wood & acrylic display case with battery powered LED lighting. Insignia and colours are for U-251, a type VIIC. The hull and deck parts are from the u-47 kit along with some interior parts. The tower and deck railing are spares from the more recent Revell 1/144th Type VIIC kit. Most of everything else was scratch built or came from the spares bin. Model is bolted to the back panel of the case with interior LED wiring passing through the hull and back panel to a separate battery pack and switch.

Out of the box, the interior configuration of the kit is glaringly wrong, but has potential. I enjoy scratch building and the challenge of improving these old kits, so this project was very satisfying. Many thanks for having a look, your questions and comments are always welcome.

Cheers,
Bill
IMG_3037.jpgIMG_3028.jpgIMG_3014.jpgIMG_3041.jpgIMG_3035.jpgIMG_3060.jpgIMG_3042.jpgIMG_3057.jpgIMG_3044.jpgIMG_3038.jpg

• Like 31
  • Thanks 1

Great build 👍 and Thanks im thinking about doing this sometime next year. Im going to earmark this for tips. I think i wont use lighting im not good with electricity⚡️. But i have a warped sense of humour so i think i will pose a figure stepping out of/into the head. Besides that i have the U-505 just 25 miles from me in Chicago to study.

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...