Kinetic 1/48 Mirage IIIO

There seems to have been a few of these posted up recently, and way better than mine, but heres my interpretation of the kit done in Royal Australian Air Force 3 SQN markings.  The tail flash and this particular scheme called the Lizard scheme were both short-lived.  The frill neck lizard on the tail dart being replaced with the 3 SQN winged grenade, and the EDSG of the lower surfaces being replaced with Light Gull grey

The kit is certainly not my favourite, fit being not so great, and moulding quality poor for a kit released so recently

paint is by Xtracolour with decals from caracal.  Centre line beam comes from PJ Productions with bombs from a Hasegawa weapons set

Resi-art resin wheels replaced the rather poor kit offerings

Thanks for looking

strboard frontqtr eye level close up (1 of 1)port rear qtr looking down (1 of 1)port profile (1 of 1)strboard frontqtr eye level (1 of 1)

• Like 31

Bruce! :clap2:

What's up in beautiful Melbourne?

Awesome build! Yeh, the fit on the Kinetic kit is sort of :wall:, but with some luv, it turns into a very nice replica of the real thing (well, were it not for the wheels and exhaust).

But, hey; what would we have instead, the awful Italeri kit?

This piccy here is just impressive!

On ‎08‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 10:31 PM, pacificmustang said:

strboard frontqtr eye level close up (1 of 1)

What camera have you got? What settings? Everytime I attempted for a piccy like that, I got the closest side of the model sharp, but the rest all blurred. 

Congrats on a great-looking Mirage.

Cheers!

Unc2 

Cheers Unc

I have a Nikon D600 with a 28-105 lens on it.  Im shooting at f32 @2s and ISO 200.  I use a small table top lit bu two LED lights places at 45 degrees.  If you are having problems getting the whole model in focus, you can try using a bigger number F stop, or if your camera won't allow this, simply increase the distance between the model and camera, and then crop the photo down using one of the post processing tools

Hope this helps

Bruce