Manx Norton 500cc

Devo

G'day All,
This is my latest completion, Italeri's 1/9 Manx Norton. Not a bad kit TLAR to me when finished and is as close as I'll ever get to owning a real Manx Norton.:lol:
 Brush painted with Humbrol and Tamiya enamels. No apologies for the pic's, they are spot on to my usual crappy standard!:yes:
Cheers,
Devo

xYsuKc.jpg

jvV4rW.jpg

6bBr3C.jpg

FTKLVL.jpg

Edited by Devo
spelling
  • Like 17

Very nice, dont put yourself down, its a lovelly model, reminds me of my dad who used to go the Isle of Man every year, come rain or shine, to watch the TT.  To be honest, if I didnt know better, I would say its real and you took the pics in your back yard.  I would be impressed if I had made that......

Had to take a second look, thought you had forgotten to put the saddle on!!!!!  Makes your eyes water when you realise what you had riding between your legs..........

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Kev The Modeller said:

Nice build of an iconic bike, I was lucky enough to be able ride one owned by a friend back in the 80's on the way to the I of M. 

A ride on a 1:1 Manx......... now that would have been the go!:o

I'm off to start on the 1/9 MV Agusta 500/4.

Cheers.

Devo

EXQUISITE  build.

STUNNING ....   :wub:

KUDOS :yikes::clap2::worthy:

(Recently went to India for a 6 month stay and met up with a nephew who has a NORTON Motorcycle... he's had it for almost 30 + years and still is awesome condition. With stainless steel and chrome looks fabulous. You need to get over to India as THEY STILL MAKE NORTON motorcycles. INDIANS love them   :whistle: )

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 6:00 PM, HOUSTON said:

Devo

EXQUISITE  build.

STUNNING ....   :wub:

KUDOS :yikes::clap2::worthy:

(Recently went to India for a 6 month stay and met up with a nephew who has a NORTON Motorcycle... he's had it for almost 30 + years and still is awesome condition. With stainless steel and chrome looks fabulous. You need to get over to India as THEY STILL MAKE NORTON motorcycles. INDIANS love them   :whistle: )

Thankyou.

I did visit India in 1985, pulled into Goa, I wish I new about the Nortons then :lol:

• Like 1

Yep....INDIANS love NORTON'S...

next time you go you go to  INDIA  suss them out... they go for approx 300,000 Rupees (appox £4000 give or take a penny.... but they can be higher too depending what you rquire)...

:santa::party:

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 6:20 PM, HOUSTON said:

Yep....INDIANS love NORTON'S...

next time you go you go to  INDIA  suss them out... they go for approx 300,000 Rupees (appox £4000 give or take a penny.... but they can be higher too depending what you rquire)...

:santa::party:

Do you have any details of this ?  I can find no evidence of Indian Norton production on Google & have never heard of it .  I'm familiar with the Indian-built Royal Enfields , but not Nortons .

John Green

Nantwich , Cheshire

• 3 weeks later...