Hello

Johnny1000

Hello all

Like many, I built as a kid and recently returned, with a 1/48 Tamiya Wildcat as an homage to my grandfather, a USMC pilot who served at Guadalcanal at the worst of the battle in the fall of '42. Now I'm working on a 1/48 Tamiya F4U-1a to represent his second tour, based on Emirau in '44. After that, I'm not sure. Probably more airplanes from WW2.

I'm an extremely slow builder—that F4F ended up taking over a year—and happily let myself get swept up in probably pointless details, but the details make me happy and I'm building to please myself, so whatever. 

I hope to get to know, and learn from, all of you.

cheers

-J

• Like 2

Hello Johnny ... First I salute your grandfathers service yours as well if you served. Welcome to Britmodeller and welcome back to modeling. Im a WW2 and Cold war aircraft builder myself. But dabble in Targets ... Tanks from time to time. Im looking forward to seeing your builds soon. 

Dennis

On 08/12/2017 at 15:31, Johnny1000 said:

... get swept up in probably pointless details, but the details make me happy and I'm building to please myself, so whatever. 

No probably about it. In about 4 billion years the sun will have swallowed the Earth and a long time after that entropy will have  finally won out and the Universe will be cold, dark and still. Might as well amuse ourselves in the meantime ;)

Edited by LostCosmonauts
  • Like 1