Gator - Part three of the trilogy

Gremlin56

A Happy New Year to you and Lady R. too Simon, thanks, needs a bit of cleaning to pull back the effects here and there. Luckily that is quite easy with these crazy liquid pigments.

Wheels and tracks still quite stark but a dusting of, er, dust will cure that. Looking a bit better and not as beaten up as some of the photos of Gators suggest.

:D

• Like 1

That looks pretty awesome Julian.  Those streaking effects on the upper sides especially.  I thought it looked pretty ho hum before and too contrasty but

the washes have blended it all together and it looks like it's not fresh off the factory floor.  Seems like it just crawled out of the deeps, Godzilla II.  Maybe you

could try making the wheels and tracks have a wet look rather than dust, just a thought.

It's a fairly ugly beast but it has a certain charm to it and you certainly have made it look like it's a working machine.

Happy New Year also, 

Lloyd

• Thanks 1

Happy New Year Lloyd to you and yours,

thank you, looks better when it's dirtied up a bit. The liquid pigment sets from Lifecolor need a bit of getting used to but deliver nice results.

Cheers,

Julian

5/1 update.

Spent some time on the "Motley"crew of the Gator. Spent some time adding road dust to the Gator. Probably do some "dusting" on the lower outer hull tomorrow:

DSCN5666.jpg

DSCN5657.jpg

DSCN5658.jpg

DSCN5659.jpg

DSCN5662.jpg

DSCN5663.jpg

DSCN5664.jpg

DSCN5665.jpg

Pulled my next project out of the stash today, felt almost like sacrilege opening the box, even the instruction booklet is still sealed in a polythene envelope

:D

• Like 10

• 2 weeks later...

It is with great regret and a tear in my eye that I have been asked to inform all Julian's (Gremlin 56) friends and fellow modellers of his passing away.

His son Wybe tells me that it would appear that he died peacefully in his sleep some two weeks ago of Cardiac Arrest.

I have known Julian for some six years on various forums and can say he was  a true Gentleman with a great sense of humour and fine Modeller. Always willing to help and support. His one weakness was rivet counters, well they can't get you now mate. I hope they have got room for your stash wherever you've gone.

I'm going to miss you :penguin:

Kev

• Sad 7

I am deeply saddened by this news.

I was is regular contact with Julian on and off the forum .

And only just before Christmas I received a box of resin goodies from him .

A true gent and fellow modeler.

I will miss him very much.

Fair winds my friend.

Simon. 

• Sad 1

I was surprised that it took a while without commenting anything, I could not even imagine this ..., during the time I tried in the forum, I just have to say that I always had a kind word for the partner, or a help for whom I asked him.

Really, I already missed him, but now that I know this, we have all lost a great companion, for me he was a reference member to improve in the hobby.

It only remains to wish that he is in a good place and although I do not know them, my condolences to his family and friends.

Farewell,Julian! 

• Like 1

Have not been on BM for quite awhile and went to have a look today and saw this very very sad news, never meet the gentleman only reading his kind words and seeing his brilliant models he produced.

Rest in peace Julian and my condolences to his family

Richard

• Like 1

I'm always saddened to hear of a member that's passed away, and would like to offer my condolences to his family.  I didn't know Julian well, but he seemed like a decent bloke.  RIP :(

• Like 1

This is such shocking and very sad news I have known Julian for a few years like Kev and he was one of the most inspiring modelers I have had the pleasure of watching

He gave so much encouragement to others and was always willing to help and give information

Farewell my friend I wish all your family and friends my deepest sympathy's

Keith

• Like 1

Well, I just went back to this topic to read this sadening news ... rest in peace, Julian, and thanks for what you gave us !!

Life goes on, everything's fine one day, not so much the other day.

E

• Like 1