Nomad Pair,.....1/72nd Special Hobby kit, RCAF & SAAF

Hiya Folks,

Another pair from the shelf of doom, enforced by my hospital shennanigan`s...... here are a pair of Special Hobby Northrop Nomads;

DSCF2032_NEW

The first one is RCAF Nomad Mk.I, 3496/53 of No. 9 Bombing & Gunnery School, Mount Joli, Quebec, Canada in 1943;

DSCF2019_NEWDSCF2014_NEW_NEWDSCF2015_NEWDSCF2003_NEWDSCF2004_NEWDSCF2003_NEWDSCF2021DSCF2023_NEW

The second model is SAAF Nomad Mk.I, 1262/D17 from No.42 Air School, South End, Port Elizabeth, South Africa in 1941;

DSCF2018_NEWDSCF2017_NEWDSCF2017_NEWDSCF2016_NEWDSCF2008DSCF2028_NEWDSCF2026_NEW

For both models a spray can of Humbrol Trainer Yellow was used because I hate brush painting this colour,..... but the remainder of the colours were applied by brush. The metal panel underneath the exhaust was made from a metal foil sweet wrapper which was rolled flat and lightly stuck into place. The SAAF aircraft had stubs in place on the wings covering the machine gun openings but as these were not provided in the kit they were fashioned from scrap plastic. 

Last of all,.....here is the very impressive box art;

SH72292%2BNomad%2BMk.I.jpg

Cheers

Tony

• Like 35

I hope that you are now well on the way to recovery. It's so nice to see that you're wielding the brush in anger once more.

That's a really colourful pair of Nomads you've finished off. I must admit to having a soft spot for Canadian version.

Your choices of colour schemes continue to be inspirational and make my To Do list all the longer.

Thank you for sharing them.

• Like 1

Hello,Tony - Great builds as always! I’m sorry to hear of your hospital sorties and Pam and I send our Very Best Wishes to You and Yours.Looking forward to seeing you soon.As Always,Paul.😉👍

• Like 1

Thank you everybody for your very kind words,...... they are very much appreciated! 

Hope you all have a very Merry Christmas,

Cheers

Tony