Hobbyboss 1/35 Land Wasser Schlepper

Here's my latest, the Hobbyboss 1/35 Land Wasser Sclepper. I have tried a lot of new to me weathering techniques on this model using dot filters, streaking, oils and all sorts! Comments welcome.

38902460481_b72b5cbf6e_h.jpg

38186840904_9473238ed6_h.jpg38186843454_c7e806e528_h.jpg38902459151_c73edc29be_h.jpg38186821884_a09615ed2a_h.jpg

Edited by Derek A
Added Tags
  • Like 17

Lovely job Derek.

I know nothing of these vehicles other than what I've seen here on BM. Someone did one in a dockside diorama which was the first time I'd ever heard of them.

I assume the kit instructions had some background information on the vehicle so can you tell me if these vehicles were ever used and if yes, where?

Rearguards,

Badder

• Thanks 1

On 10/12/2017 at 8:32 AM, Badder said:

Lovely job Derek.

I know nothing of these vehicles other than what I've seen here on BM. Someone did one in a dockside diorama which was the first time I'd ever heard of them.

I assume the kit instructions had some background information on the vehicle so can you tell me if these vehicles were ever used and if yes, where?

Rearguards,

Badder

They were intended to be used in Op Sealion,  the invasion of the UK, but development problems delayed them entering service until '42.  They were used in N Africa and Russia remaining in service until the end of the war.  I got this info off Wiki!

Edited by Derek A
Typo
  • Thanks 1

Beautiful model of one of the oddest contraptions I've seen in a long time!

Looks like a perfect set piece for a hypothetical Indiana Jones movie, half buried in sand dunes in North Africa, containing a couple of skeletons, and an unnamed horror…

Ace modelling!

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Thanks 1