Tamiya Ferrari F40

Spad

Hi

Can anybody tell me how different the standard Tamiya F40 is compared to their 'Competizione' version - apart from the decals of course! I am looking at building the "Pilot" sponsored car from LM95 and am finding the 'Competizione' version rarer than hens's teeth

Here's hoping.

Rick

Edited by Spad

Bump!

Anybody?

60 views. There must be somebody in the great BM massif, surely, that can give me a clue about whether it's practical to build an LM car from the standard F40 kit....No?

I have a couple but haven't built the 24th scale one  yet. The 1/16 version for me has been incredible so far no real issuse to report but I don't know if they used the same designs for both kits. 

Shaun 

There are only a few 

On 12/7/2017 at 4:55 PM, Spad said:

Hi

Can anybody tell me how different the standard Tamiya F40 is compared to their 'Competizione' version - apart from the decals of course! I am looking at building the "Pilot" sponsored car from LM95 and am finding the 'Competizione' version rarer than hens's teeth

Here's hoping.

Rick

In addition to decals, the Competizione kit includes both stock and LM wheels, racing slicks, a small spruce containing a couple cabin bits (fire suppression and control modules?), plus photoetch parts for the rear grille, and radiators. I've heard the Fujimi has better detail, but the Tamiya kit does have engine detail, where I think the Fujimi is curbside.