tamiya 1/32 supermarine mk 1xc-a

norman65

dear friends i am what you call a newbie but i am also an oldie requiring much help from library staff to do this.i stumbled upon a post-tamiya 1/32 supermarine mk 1xc-a tribute to wg cdr j.e. johnnie johnson by mr modeller april 6 2016.he explains his intentions and provides many photographs of the engine saying an explanation of those photographs[which are superb] is on another forum.i have made many visits to my library for most of this year trying to find that other forum with no joy mostly due to my inability with computers.i can not even find him again on this forum.any help you can give me would be a wonderful christmas from you to me.if you do help me please be in no doubt of my gratitude for it is embarassing and difficult for me to continually bother these very patient library staff.i wish i could use this forum properly.many thanks norman65.

Hi Norman. You've posted this request in a section that is not supposed to be for modelling subjects. You'd get a much better response if you were to scroll down and post it in the Aircraft discussion thread.

HTH's.

John.

Here's the thread you mention, not the other one you've been searching for (click on this).  You can send him a private message if you hover over his avatar, in one of his posts (something should pop up with the option "Message" at lower left).

Hope this helps, and I'm going to see if I can find that other thread/forum you mention...  Nope, I didn't see him actually offer a link to the other place, and the photos seem to have fallen victim to Photobucket's Phiasco.  But at least you can try to contact him now.  (I note that he hasn't been on since late August, but he should get an e-mail (I think) alerting him that you've sent him a message.)

bob

Edited by gingerbob